corner corner Every Color of the Rainbow Bookbox

Every Color of the Rainbow Bookbox
by Moody-Blue | Other
Registered by wingMoody-Bluewing of Meers, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

status (set by Moody-Blue): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingMoody-Bluewing from Meers, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

This box is called "Every Color of the Rainbow" and involves books with titles that include words that are, obviously, colors! I think we should also allow the words "color" and "rainbow" just for fun. Also, if the author's name is a color, that'll work too!

Standard bookbox practices, please:
- U.S. Only for practicality purposes
- Media mail is totally acceptable, delivery confirmation at your discretion
- Replace box if necessary
- Keep in your possession for no more than one month or risk being nagged incessantly
- Add at least as many books as you take out
- Journal every book you remove and contribute
- Books that are interesting to you personally are preferred

Yay! I'm so excited and I hope you are too! The participant list is as follows:
jenptcfan – Arkansas

BLACK Alley – Mickey Spillane
Where There’s SMOKE – Laura Abbot
Up in SMOKE – Charlene Weir
ASH Wednesday – Ethan Hawke

The great majority of these books are from the GrandCanyonOBCZ which we founded this summer at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. By the time the box returns to me, we will be living and working at Big Bend National Park in Texas. The books you contribute may be the seeds of our new OBCZ there! Thanks in advance!

Journal Entry 2 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 06, 2007

I received this box today. There are tons of books in it! I can't wait to sift through them and see what I'll be removing.

I'll update later to let you know what I'm adding and what I've taken.

I'll get this out early next week.

Thanks!

ETA:

I'm taking out-
White Hot (for OBCZ)
The Amber Spyglass (for OBCZ)
True Colors (for OBCZ and to lighten the box)
Witness for the Prosecution of Scott Peterson (one I've really been wanting to read. Thanks!)

I'm adding-
Rest in Pieces by Rita Mae Brown
Pay Dirt by Rita Mae Brown
Claws and Effect by Rita Mae Brown
Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen

Journal Entry 3 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I sent this on to the next participant today. DC: 0306 1070 0000 9029 6687.

Journal Entry 4 by ExemploDucemus on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Received this in the mail today. I will be looking through it over the next few days and aim to get it moving on by Monday.

UPDATE:

Taking out;

The Woman in WHITE - Wilkie Collins
ASH Wednesday - Ethan Hawke

Putting in:

CRIMSON Rain - Meg O'Brien
Playing for the ASHes - Elizabeth George

Journal Entry 5 by ExemploDucemus at To Fellow BookCrosser in Fort Stewart, Georgia USA on Friday, October 19, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (10/19/2007 UTC) at To Fellow BookCrosser in Fort Stewart, Georgia USA

Delivery Confirmation # 0307 0020 0002 0785 7876

Journal Entry 6 by llama-mama205 from Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This box arrived yesterday. There are some great books... I wish I had more colors to add. Donduckandy has already sent me her address. So I just need to make my choices and gather some colors to add. Stay tuned!

I am taking:

SILVER Scream by Mary Daheim
The RED Scream by Mary Willis Walker
Seduction by Design by Sandra BROWN
PLUS 2 very small extras: Lady in PINK & Bride in PINK

Journal Entry 7 by llama-mama205 from Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on Friday, November 02, 2007

This was mailed out today to Donduckandy.

Delivery Confirmation: 0307 0020 0002 4605 1709

Journal Entry 8 by Donduckandy from Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Received bookbox today, 11/06/07. Will be taking out: the Letter of the Law, Navy Baby, and Golden Lasso.
Replacing with: Forever Gold, Vanish With the Rose, Red, White and Blue, And Black Water.
Will be sending along to MRWiley.

Journal Entry 9 by Donduckandy at A Controlled Release in A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (11/7/2007 UTC) at A Controlled Release in A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Bookbox is on the way to Oregan to MRWiley.

Journal Entry 10 by -AuntieM- from Camas Valley, Oregon USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Received the box today. I'll update after I go through it and make my choice. Thanx for including me!!

ETA**

RED-Hot and Reckless by Miranda Lee
CINNAMON by VC Andrews
The Virgin BLUE by Tracy Chevalier
Digital Fortress by Dan BROWN

I've already contacted bluestocking88 and received a reply with the address so I will send it out on the 26the since thats the 1st mailing day after payday.. I'll journal again with the DC# when I mail it.

Thanx again for including me!!

**ETA

I know 9 is alot of books to choose, but with the price of postage going up I decided to choose all the ones that interested me to make it worth the cost... and I added an extra book for a little more selection. Hope everyone has as much fun as I did.

Journal Entry 11 by Bluestocking88 from Vancouver, Washington USA on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This arrived safely today. I am taking out Tracy Chevalier's The Virgin Blue and Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. I'm putting in Blue Italian by Rita Ciresi and The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I and am still considering a couple of others, including the two little books, Judith Bosley's Lady in Pink and Bride in Pink. I'll pm Stagecrafty for her address and hope to get it moving this week.

Thank you Moody-Blue for starting this and including me.

Journal Entry 12 by Bluestocking88 from Vancouver, Washington USA on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This went out to StageCrafty in today's mail. The delivery confirmation number is: 03071790000189101287. Thank you for including me--it was a fun box.

Journal Entry 13 by stagecrafty from Lynnwood, Washington USA on Saturday, December 22, 2007

Who knew there were so many "color" books in romance and mystery! This box is mostly just this but I did find a few that weren't so I grabed those and replaced them with others.

Removed:

WHITE Oleander
The RED Badge of Courage
The Stars Will Judge by Irving A GREENfield
Where the RED Fern Grows

Journal Entry 14 by stagecrafty at Postal Release To Fellow Bookcrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 13, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (1/12/2008 UTC) at Postal Release To Fellow Bookcrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sorry it took so long to pass on! The holidays and a massive dose of the mega flu kept me away from the postoffice. The box is now speeding it's way back to you. I hope all those beautiful books find homes.

Journal Entry 15 by wingMoody-Bluewing from Meers, Oklahoma USA on Monday, January 28, 2008

My first bookbox is back home, safe and sound. Thank you everyone for a great response and for being so conscientious. I never expected that it would make the rounds so fast! A special THANK YOU to whomever decorated the box with all the cute color clippings! (I'm mad at myself for not thinking of it first!) It's so cute, I can't possibly just recycle it, so I'll just have to re-use it... anyone up for Round Two? I have a HUGE new OBCZ available to me here, and I'm thinking of sending it out again with an entirely different bunch of books.

Meanwhile, all of your books will be going to our smaller OBCZ here at Big Bend. It's in the guest lodge and is flying through books as fast as I can put them on the shelf. Your books are sure to be picked up by Bookcrossing Newbies, so good luck getting catches. You might even score some new members!

For posterity, the box returned to me with 21 new books and 11 originals, specifically:

RED-Hot and Reckless by Miranda Lee
BLACK CHERRY BLUEs by James Lee Burke
SILVER Tower by Dale BROWN
Where There's SMOKE by Laura Abbot
A ROSE in Winter by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

Journal Entry 16 by wingMoody-Bluewing from Meers, Oklahoma USA on Monday, January 28, 2008

Thanks for the interest! The participant list and order for Round 2 is:

Death-Wish GREEN – Frances Crane
Deep BLACK: Payback – Stephen Coonts, Jim DeFelice
Drinking MIDNIGHT WINE – Simon R. GREENe
Girl with a PEARL Earring – Tracy Chevalier
God is RED: A Native View of Religion – Vine Deloria Jr.
Good as GOLD – Joseph Heller
Twelve RED Herrings – Jeffery Archer
Two Little Girls in BLUE – Mary Higgins Clark
What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day – PEARL Cleage
WHITE Death – Clive Cussler

Journal Entry 17 by DeeOhTea from North Providence, Rhode Island USA on Saturday, February 23, 2008

Arrived this afternoon!
As we were pulling into the driveway, we all spotted the box on the front steps...then the arguement ensued..."who's box is it?" As soon as we saw all of the COLORFUL stickers and designs, it was obvious THIS box was for ME:) (Catalog orders are usually not so well packaged;)

edited to update which books I've taken and which I'm leaving:
I took out:

The BLACK Stallion and Flame by Walter Farley
Dan BROWN's Plan of Attack
The Color PURPLE by Alice Walker
Absolutely Captivating by Kristine GRAYson

GREAT Bookbox! Thanks for sharing:)
I'll get it in the mail as soon as possible...PM'd Blackadder75...

Journal Entry 18 by DeeOhTea from North Providence, Rhode Island USA on Monday, February 25, 2008

This box is back in the mail...on its way to Blackadder75:-)
Delivery Confirmation #0306 1070 0001 5989 2171

Journal Entry 19 by blackadder75 from Lebanon, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, February 29, 2008

This box was waiting for me when I came home from work. A nice way to start off the weekend. I've gone through and chose these books:

Drinking Midnight Wine by Simon R Green
Absolutely Captivated by Kristine Grayson
Twelve Red Herrings by Jeffrey Archer
Coyote Blue by Christopher Moore (a wish list book!)
Blue Water by A Manette Ansay

White Elephant by Carolyn Hart
Stanger from the Tonto by Zane Grey
Writers of the Purple Sage by Barbara Burnett Smith
Blue Christmas by Mary Kay Andrews

I will be passing this along to donduckandy over the weekend.

Journal Entry 20 by Donduckandy from Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Received this bookbox from blackadder75 on Sunday, 3/2/08. Was very busy and wasn't able to journal until now. I willbe taking out 4 books:
Writers of the Purple Sage by Barbara Burnett Smith
Hearse of a Different color by Tim Cockey
Greygallows by Barbara Michaels
Crimson Angel by Penelope Neri
Building Dreams by Ginna Gray

Thanks so much for sending this bookbox along my way. PMing ExemploDucemus for mail address. Will send the bookbox on its way.

Journal Entry 21 by Donduckandy at A Controlled Release in A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 07, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (3/7/2008 UTC) at A Controlled Release in A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Going to Fort Stewart, Ga.

Journal Entry 22 by ExemploDucemus on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Received, and am PMing the next in the list for their address.

Edited to read:
Sorry I had this for so long, but we had a death in the family. It is now on it's way to the next lucky participant

Journal Entry 23 by dolphinwriter from Knoxville, Tennessee USA on Monday, April 07, 2008

Received the box in the mail today. I look forward to going through it.

Journal Entry 24 by Bluestocking88 from Vancouver, Washington USA on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This arrived safely a day or two ago but I forgot to journal it right away. My daughter (kittylover9) grabbed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory out of the box and is reading it quickly. I will make my other selections and pm Stagecrafty to keep it moving along.

Thank you for including me.

Journal Entry 25 by Bluestocking88 from Vancouver, Washington USA on Thursday, May 08, 2008

This was mailed out to MRWiley in the morning mail. Delivery confirmation #03071790000223908759

Thank you for letting me have a turn.

Journal Entry 26 by -AuntieM- from Camas Valley, Oregon USA on Saturday, May 10, 2008

Received in the mail today. I took out graxgallows, jade island, bloodwork, dreaming of the bones, snow white and rose red, red sky at night, orange crush,no one to trust, the bluest eyes, rule of the bone, & ash wednesday. I put in. BLU's hanging, where PEACHtree meets sweet. AUBURN, the. CRIMSON petal and the. WHITE, BLACK eagle child, one more river to cross the stories of 12. BLACK americans,. BLOODmusic, like water for CHOCOLATE, dress GRAY, ASHes and angel wings, & the SMOKing gun. Thanx for including me!

Journal Entry 27 by -AuntieM- from Camas Valley, Oregon USA on Saturday, May 10, 2008

Received in the mail today. I took out graxgallows, jade island, bloodwork, dreaming of the bones, snow white and rose red, red sky at night, orange crush,no one to trust, the bluest eyes, rule of the bone, & ash wednesday. I put in. BLU's hanging, where PEACHtree meets sweet. AUBURN, the. CRIMSON petal and the. WHITE, BLACK eagle child, one more river to cross the stories of 12. BLACK americans,. BLOODmusic, like water for CHOCOLATE, dress GRAY, ASHes and angel wings, GREEN river running RED & the SMOKing gun. Thanx for including me!

Journal Entry 28 by -AuntieM- from Camas Valley, Oregon USA on Saturday, May 10, 2008

i was making journal entries and dreaming of the bones doesn't seem to have a bcid # so can the person who put it in the box please pm me the bcid. Thamx

Journal Entry 29 by sweetsangria from Clackamas, Oregon USA on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Got the box today! I am taking 2 books:

*BLU'S hanging
*drowning ruth(not sure why this was in the box..neither the title or author have a color in them?)

Adding:

*BLUE angel-Francine Prose
*BLUE hearts-Jim Lehrer
*Standing in the RAINBOW-Fannie Flagg

Will mail by end of week.

Journal Entry 30 by sweetsangria from Clackamas, Oregon USA on Monday, June 02, 2008

Mailed to coloblu6 today. Sent the husband to the post office and he forgot delivery confirmation though. Thank you moody-blue for letting me participate!

Journal Entry 31 by ColoBlu6 from Grover Beach, California USA on Monday, June 09, 2008

Wow lots of great books to look at, thank you for including me!!

Journal Entry 32 by ColoBlu6 from Grover Beach, California USA on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thank you moody-blue for letting me participate! :~)

Lots of books and boy was it tough making it all fit.

Happy Reading and enjoy looking at all the books hyphen8!!!

Journal Entry 33 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, July 13, 2008

What a fun-looking box! It arrived today and I'm working on journaling the books I'm taking out and putting in. I'll be taking out a batch but putting in more than I'm taking, so I hope that's ok.

Journal Entry 34 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, July 13, 2008

Silly me, signing up for my first book box as if my TBR stack wasn't high enough already! :p

I was a little too efficient and sealed up the box BEFORE writing down the BCID so I had to open it up again. Silly me again.

This is the fourth time I'm trying to do this journal entry; do they time out or something? This time I'm composing elsewhere and will paste this in when I'm done. :s

Taking out 13 books (I know it's a lot but I had a lot to put in and I needed to make space!)

Bad BLOOD by Linda Fairstein

Putting in 22 books (as many as I could fit):

The 1-2-3 Book by Les GRAY
The Baby Beebee Bird by Diane REDfield Massie
The Best from Fantastic by Ted WHITE
Charlie BROWN's 'Cyclopedia: Super Questions and Answers and Amazing Facts by Charles M. Shultz et al.
Dinosaur Playhouse: COLORS by Templar Publishing Ltd
The Silent Gondoliers by William GOLDman
Stalkers edited by Ed Gorman & Martin H. GREENberg
Tales from the WHITE Hart by Arthur C. Clarke
The Three-Inch GOLDen Lotus by Feng Jicai

Thanks so much for letting me play! I made a colorful Ballycumber to go with all the books associated with this box; I hope you like him!

I'll PM keno-mom to get this box moving again ASAP!

Journal Entry 35 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mailed to keno-mom today. Media mail so it will take a little while, but the box weighs 26 pounds. Be nice to your mail carrier! ;)

Journal Entry 36 by keno-mom from Georgetown, Texas USA on Saturday, August 09, 2008

Wow! Lots of books to choose from. I'm still looking through it, but it's been lots of fun so far.
As of today I've taken out:
The Romance Reader, which I've read and released
3 children's books, I did record them but the Grandkids took them home already and I don't remember the names
and last but not least.
The Crimson Petal and the White

Journal Entry 37 by wingMoody-Bluewing from Meers, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, November 09, 2008

Wow, folks! This was a big and heavy box -- thanks for passing it along. It returned home on Friday with 45 books in it, many of which will go to our very popular OBCZ here in Big Bend National Park. The final list for this round was:

A Series of Unfortunate Events -- LEMONy Snicket