corner corner The Witches of Eileanan

The Witches of Eileanan
by Kate Forsyth | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Sao-Diego12548 of Köpenick, Berlin Germany on 9/28/2007

status (set by Amidala): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Sao-Diego12548 from Köpenick, Berlin Germany on Friday, September 28, 2007

Amazon says:
From Library Journal
In a land where witchcraft has been forbidden, young Isabeau learns the old ways in order to take her place in the battle to overcome the forces that threaten her world. Australian poet Forsyth's fantasy debut details a richly imagined universe with a distinctly Celtic flavor and introduces a resourceful and courageous protagonist. This first novel in a projected trilogy belongs in libraries where the demand for epic fantasy is high.

My Opinion:

I read the book (of half of it, for that matter) in German first and really liked it, so that I got the whole series in English. To me this seems a different take on fantasy and I really like it: the way, several perspectives are interwoven, is really interesting and I like the idea with the accent. Now I'm looking forward to read more about Eileanan

Journal Entry 2 by Sao-Diego12548 from Köpenick, Berlin Germany on Monday, July 28, 2008

After having delayed the promised departure for a WHOLE wile (Sorry again!) the books will now conveniently travel as blind passengers on the Fanbox Fantasy to Amidala.
I hope you enjoy the series as much as I did! :D

Journal Entry 3 by Amidala from München, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Hat mir sehr gut gefallen, nur gegen Ende wurde es etwas lang.
Aber ich bin schon gespannt, auf die Folgebände.