corner corner Blitz

Blitz
by Hetty Burlingame Beatty | Children's Books
Registered by nat4lee of Springfield, Virginia USA on 9/19/2007

status (set by pfloverg): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by nat4lee from Springfield, Virginia USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Congrats and welcome to BookCrossing!
Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate nat4lee referred you.

Here is a description of the book if you are so inclined:

Okay, you've read Black Beauty and you're thoroughly sick of all horse stories for the rest of your life. Or, you've read 'Misty of Chincoteague' or 'King of the Wind' and you're rearing (pardon the expression) for more. For either case, I recommend this book.

Of course it's from the horse point of view, but this is really a wonderful story (predating 'Misty' and possibly 'National Velvet' as well). And of course the horse has the inevitable cruel owner. But I found this a standout among the traditional 'horse abuse' stereotype. Sure, it's a little 'horse' ... but it's good.

Journal Entry 2 by nat4lee at Forestdale Elementary School in Springfield, Virginia USA on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (11/28/2007 UTC) at Forestdale Elementary School in Springfield, Virginia USA

Left on a bench outside the main entrance of the school. May it find another child who enjoys getting lost in a good book.

Journal Entry 3 by PurplyPup from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, April 28, 2008

I was helping my dad give away books at the BookCrossing tent during the Kensington Day of the Book festivities, and I picked this book out for myself. I can't wait to read it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, April 12, 2017

We've been clearing out many of the children's books that have accumulated in the house over the years, and this was one of the BookCrossing books that was unearthed in that effort. I'm setting it aside to release at some point.

Journal Entry 5 by wingResQgeekwing at Steamboat Ski Area in Steamboat Springs, Colorado USA on Sunday, February 04, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (2/4/2018 UTC) at Steamboat Ski Area in Steamboat Springs, Colorado USA

Both of my daughters loved horses, so this book about a horse is being released in memory of our younger daughter, Becky, who was killed in a tragic accident on 30 August 2010. She would have celebrated her 17th birthday later this month, so this is one of the books being released as a memorial to her life and love.

Becky's love lives in you! Share her love by sharing Becky's hugs. Learn more about Becky and her legacy at the Becky's Hugs page on facebook.

Left on the counter in the lower level lobby in the Thunderhead lodge.

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by pfloverg at Steamboat Springs, Colorado USA on Saturday, February 10, 2018

I was waiting for my love when I found it on top of a mountain! (by Go Joe's Express; Steamboat, Colorado) I saw a note saying "I'm Not Lost! I'm a travelling book!" and I was curious to read it and what it meant, still reading the book. Both the story within the book and the actual story of this book amazes me.

"I wont let this book's story die, Im just part of the beginning"