corner corner Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
by Sijie Dai | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingJDTwing of Pleasanton, California USA on 2/25/2003

status (set by GorgeousGlo): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Impulsively bought this book by virtue of its cover (the red shoes!), title, and write-up.
Then my book group decided to read it for October. In the meantime, I'm happy to lend it to BC friend tamarabk.

Journal Entry 2 by tamarabk from Lynnwood, Washington USA on Monday, March 03, 2003

JDt was kind enough to loan me this book from my wish list-her book group is reading it in September. I have heard great things and I am very excited about reading it...Thank you!!

Journal Entry 3 by tamarabk from Lynnwood, Washington USA on Friday, March 21, 2003

I enjoyed this little tale about the magic of books. Set during the re-education period of China's cultural revolution this is the story of two boys who discover hope, courage, and love through a secret trove of banned books. This is also the story of the young seamstress they both love who discovers herself through the stories the boys relate to her from these secret pages.
Thank you JDT for lending me this book - it is on its way back to you!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Monday, March 31, 2003

Just received this book back from tamarabk!
Happy you enjoyed it - and that the book did some traveling before I read it for my book group!
It all worked out great - in the true BC spirit - thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Thursday, October 16, 2003

I loved this little book - from its red shoes cover,
intriguing title, to the beautifully -written story of 2 adolescent boys, banished to the country for re-education during China's cultural revolution in the 70's.
The power of books, especially when forbidden, romantic awakening, the attraction of the seamstress, and her own self-awakening...

Lively discussion last night in my book group.

Will release to djf1968 in a few weeks - as my second offering in phillycarol's round robin bookring.

Journal Entry 6 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Friday, November 14, 2003

Off to djf1968!

debrayn
AmberLee17
JDT

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by djf1968 from San Ramon, California USA on Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Another 'phillycarol' book! I'm working my way through several book ring books right now -- hoping to take some much needed "me time" to do some serious reading during the Thanksgiving holiday. I've wanted to read this one for a while now -- thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by djf1968 from San Ramon, California USA on Wednesday, February 04, 2004

What an appropriate story to share in a book ring -- a charming story about the magic and mystery that lies between the covers of books! I'll get this off in the mail to Rendiru this weekend...

Journal Entry 9 by Rendiru from Carmichael, California USA on Monday, March 15, 2004

I'm looking forward to reading this. I'll check back in once I've finished it. :-)

Journal Entry 10 by Rendiru from Carmichael, California USA on Friday, March 19, 2004

I enjoyed this lovely little book. It was a pleasure to visit such a different culture. The boys' antics with and without the Little Seamstress were interesting, but the ending left me saying "Huh?" (probably because I've never read Balzac). So now I'm off to find the one slim volume of Balzac that is buried in Mt. TBR, hoping I haven't misplaced it and that it will shed some light on this for me. :-)

Journal Entry 11 by brideofmessiah from Hillsboro, Missouri USA on Sunday, April 18, 2004

Rendiru,
Thanks for the pin!! :)

This one heads towards the top of Mt. TBR...

Journal Entry 12 by phillycarol from King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, September 12, 2004

Received yesterday. Thanks! Will get right on it!

Journal Entry 13 by phillycarol from King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, September 13, 2004

I also enjoyed this story that manages to show just how powerful books can be. The end confused me too - I don't really understand the reference. It felt like the author went into so much detail in this book and then left me hanging at the end. Maybe I need to read Balzac. And maybe that's the intention of the author.

Journal Entry 14 by Lizanne from Madison, New Jersey USA on Saturday, September 25, 2004

Received today in the mail....

I am looking forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 15 by Lizanne from Madison, New Jersey USA on Thursday, October 07, 2004

UPDATE:
Jennyscott requested that she be skipped as she has, in the meantime, read this story. I have pmed Debrayn for her mailing address.

I am towards theend of this delightful story. I was a bit distracted at the start but have been delightfully lured back into the story.... Imagine, no books??? How awful.

Will journal again when the book renews its travels.

Journal Entry 16 by debrayn from Saint Marys, Georgia USA on Friday, October 15, 2004

Arrived yesterday, read this sweet little book, and mailed it today to next name on our bookring list. This book reminds me once again of how important - and how treasured! - books are in our lives.

Journal Entry 17 by AmberLee17 from Stockton, California USA on Saturday, November 13, 2004

* Phooey!!! *

I LOVED this book, but am bewildered and feel cheated by the end. I actually checked to see if somehow a final chapter had been carefully sliced out... Reading other's comments, I see several of us are in the same boat. I'm glad I experienced this, but am disappointed in the ending. Returning this book back home as soon as I PM a head's up out.

Journal Entry 18 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Saturday, December 11, 2004

Home again! What a wonderful year-long trip this book has enjoyed.
Thanks to AmberLee17 - and all before - for keeping it moving.
Wishing all of you wonderful holidays - and the best in 2005!

Journal Entry 19 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Sent this well-travelled book to veritas9 in Australia - part of a book relay package.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 20 by veritas9 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, June 05, 2005

I should have journalled this a million years ago (well, at least four months). Two copies arrived at around the same time - I must have journalled one and not the other....

Journal Entry 21 by GorgeousGlo on Thursday, June 16, 2005

This appeared in my mailbox today. Did i request it? Was it offered on BookRelay.com? I am confused. My memory is not what it used to be...

As i saw this was in a Bookring, i wondered if in a moment of stupor i had volunteered to participate (read the part on my profile about being totally undisciplined). I now see that this well-traveled book was part of a bookring once upon a time. Now the only mystery left is to discover why Veritas9 decided to send it to me. Please tell me!!!

Thanks,

Journal Entry 22 by veritas9 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, June 18, 2005

True and correct - your memory is not what it used to be (big smile).

It was part of a bookrelay experience...

But hey, if my memory was any good I would have journalled before I sent it to you. Good on me!

Journal Entry 23 by GorgeousGlo on Monday, June 20, 2005

I can't believe my head, Veritas. I must suffer from temporary amnesia. Thanks for the reminder!

Journal Entry 24 by GorgeousGlo on Saturday, October 08, 2005

If there ever was a novel about the power of books, this is this one. The narrator and Luo are teenagers sent to the country in order to be re-educated. In the late 60s in China, it was decided that education was dangerous and that the youth should spend some time doing hard labor in the country in order to adopt good proletarian values. Luo and the narrator were especially in trouble because they came from educated families (doctors and dentists). The work is hard, but much more is the isolation, the boredom and the lack of hope. Books are forbidden objects, and like anything illegal, they become the object of obsession for the narrator and Luo, and they do not stop till they are able to find some.

Simultaneously, they befriend the daughter of the local tailor, a girl beautiful and pure. Both boys fall for her. She chooses Luo. Luo sets on a quest to educate the little seamstress of the title, and begins to read to her the great works of Honoré de Balzac.

I am surprised at the many readers that were confused by the ending. To me it is very obvious what happened. In very prosaic terms, Luo “created a monster”. The little seamstress was a country bumpkin, who didn't know a thing about the world. She lived in the mountains, believed in sorcerers, and was completely unaware of herself as a woman. After opening her eyes to other worlds, which is what happens when you read books, she awakened, took charge of her own worth, and grew up.

I enjoyed the ending, the simplicity of it, and the heartbreak the reader suffers. I like to be surprised by what i read, so i appreciated it. But in general i was left with the sense that this book has been overrated. It was an OK read, but it was nothing special.

JDT, who is the person who registered this book, is in Pleasanton, less than 1 hour away from me. It would be interesting to check the number of miles this book has logged in its travels. I wonder if i should organize another bookring or bookray with it, just for fun?

ps: come see my other bookrays!

Journal Entry 25 by GorgeousGlo on Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I knew this book still had some sprite in it to go for a round 2. A new BookRay begins! And with lots of takers.

Traveling order (what makes the most sense, as the crow flies east, taking shipping constraints into account):

Ixoyefisher - Mountain View, CA (mailed October 25, 2005)
Dicentragirl - Shoreline, WA, USA (nsr)
Ajsmom - Quesnel, BC, Canada (nsr)
Luintaurien - York, Nebraska (dom)
Tenneh - Verdon, Nebraska (dom)
AmberMoon - Ithaca, NY, USA (nsr)
Wandering - Middelbeers, Noord-Brabant Netherlands (dom)
Flanners - Havant, Hampshire, UK
Katyan - Jyväskylä, Finland (nsr)
Purple-lilly - Heathfield, SA, Australia (dom, end)
Miss-Owl - Sydney, NSW, Australia (nsr)
Mellonhead - Austin TX, USA (nsr)
Rrrcaron - New Hampshire (nsr)

This is a fairly short book, which only took me a few evenings to finish. Because everyone's reading speeds and work loads (and procrastination habits) are different, i suggest a maximum of 4 weeks to complete. If you can't finish it in that period, would you please post a journal entry so that everybody knows? But of course, if you can make it even sooner, that would be great.

Stay tuned for updates! And thank you so much for participating.

Journal Entry 26 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, November 29, 2005

First of all, I want to apologize for holding the book down for so long. It's been a busy month! But I have finished it and will PM the next person in line.

I really enjoyed this book! I could relate somewhat with the 2 boys. I spent 6 months in China in 2002 and felt a severe longing for books in English print. And even now, my voracious appetite for books grows. As for the ending, I will say I agree with Gorgeous Glo... that the little seamstress suddenly grows in knowledge and self-empowerment, and seeing her beauty as priceless worth, goes out to see the world. Ironically, the boys remain helplessly stuck on that mountain and eventually let out their desperation on the books. Why? Because of love. I heard someone say, "Love is a powerful weakness." So true. It was love that blinded them from seeing the change in her. It was love that fueled them to go see her every day and pour out all their stories for her ears to hear. And the seamstress? I think she fell in love with the books more than the storytellers. Hm, still.. I was taken by surprise by the ending as well. I'm not sure that's an accurate reading of the end. I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say.

CAUGHT IN MOUNTAIN VIEW CA USA

Journal Entry 27 by ixoyefisher from Sunnyvale, California USA on Tuesday, November 29, 2005

sorry, forgot to login before signing...

Journal Entry 28 by dicentragirl from Leavenworth, Washington USA on Saturday, December 10, 2005

I received this in the mail yesterday. What a well traveled little book! And how ironic too... I just mailed a book to ajsmom today! I'm looking forward to reading this one. Anticipating the ending that everyone keeps alluding to. Right now it is #2 on Mt. TBR, but should be read soon.

Thanks for including me! :)

Journal Entry 29 by ajsmom from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, March 02, 2006

Received today and will get to it asap.

Journal Entry 30 by ajsmom from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Monday, March 06, 2006

I enjoyed this book and am puzzled by the previous comments about not understanding the ending. The two (or should I say three?) boys taught the Little Seamstress plenty - Luo awakened her physical passion, Balzac her intellectual passion, and I do believe that our narrator taught her some things about The World. Luo wasn't present, nor even aware of her pregnancy and abortion, and I assume was never told. The trip to the hospital would have opened her eyes to life beyond her village - but I think also secured the fact that she could not return to life as before. Her friendship would have to come to an end with the boys, especially our narrator as he now knew a very big secret about her (one that might come attached to shame - it is Mao's China, after all). Luo certainly transformed her, as had been his plan - he just hadn't seen the potential outcome of said transformation!

I found the last line in the book to be a little sad: "...that a woman's beauty is a treasure beyond price." It made me apprehensive about what might happen to the Seamstress in The City - exploitation, prostitution....? Hopefully not.

I was a little annoyed at one point in the book, when the narrative structure changes, and The Miller, Luo and the Seamstress each narrate a chapter. I found it odd, and not entirely necessary. I suppose it outlined the danger the two lovers faced whenever they met.

I did enjoy the historical context of the danger of reading Western literature. And for anyone who watched the Oscars last night, the screenwriter of Brokeback Mountain emphasized the importance of books and booksellers! I was holding my breath waiting for a reference to BookCrossing! *grin*

Thanks for the ray, GorgeousGlo! I will have this in the mail tomorrow to Luintaurien.

Journal Entry 31 by ajsmom at mailed to next reader in Postal release, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (3/7/2006 UTC) at mailed to next reader in Postal release, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Air mailed to Luintaurien this morning.

Journal Entry 32 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Thursday, March 23, 2006

Got it 3/22/06. Thank you. Will read and pass on ASAP.

Journal Entry 33 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Just finished this. Sorry it took a little longer than I should have with it. It was a good book and a fast read. Thanks for the chance to read it. Will send it on as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 34 by tenneh from Verdon, Nebraska USA on Friday, May 05, 2006

Received today - will get to it asap

I really enjoyed this little book, I think especially because I just returned from 2 1/2 weeks in China! Politzania says she got the book from a different source, so I'm PMing the next in line.

Journal Entry 35 by tenneh at Controlled Postal Release (Falls City) in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (6/8/2006 UTC) at Controlled Postal Release (Falls City) in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Nebraska USA

going to AmberMoon

Journal Entry 36 by AmberMoon from Cottingham, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Received today.
I will try to begin reading it this week.

Journal Entry 37 by AmberMoon from Cottingham, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 26, 2006

I will always think of this book as "The Chinese Pygmalion".
As Frankenstein is my favorite classic novel, I love stories that deal with the concept of a student surpassing their masters.
This book was very eye-opening in relation to the Cultural Revolution.
Very realistic, sometimes disturbingly so, this novel will stay with me for a long time.

Sending to Wandering next.

Journal Entry 38 by wandering from Breda, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wow, this book has allready been travelling quite some miles! It is still looking so good for a well-travelled book. I found it in my mailbox yesterday and it is next on the list. Thanks for scharing, JDT, and sending, AmberMoon.

Journal Entry 39 by wandering from Breda, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Monday, August 14, 2006

I agree with GorgeousGlo: this book is a nice read, well written, but nothing special. A fragment I particularly liked:

"In the days before his detention, my father used to say that dancing was not something that could be taught, and he was right. The same is true of diving and poetry, for the best divers and poets are self-taught. Some people can spend their lives having lessons and still resemble stones when they hurtle through the air. They never achieve the lightness of dropping fruit." p.140

This book will continue its journey to the UK, as soon as I get an address from Flanners.
Edit: I just got the address and will send the book this weekend (Sept. 2nd)

Journal Entry 40 by flanners from Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 11, 2006

Arrived safely, thank you - hugely looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 41 by flanners from Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This was a slender volume of immense charm and appeal. But, I intensely dislike Balzac as I have always found him to be a misogynistic old goat and there were unwelcome resonances of that aspect of his craft in this tale.

Nonetheless, this was a deceptively accomplished story that will certainly linger in the memory. Thank you for letting me participate in this wonderful, global ring!

Off to Katyan as soon as I can get to the Post office.

Journal Entry 42 by katyan from Detroit, Michigan USA on Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Oh, this wonderfull little book arrived finally here! Thank you so much! This is one of the first bookrings I've joined so I feel really happy to get to read this book soon! :)

Journal Entry 43 by katyan from Detroit, Michigan USA on Saturday, September 30, 2006

This was an interesting little book, I enjoyed reading about the love for books, but somehow I didn't feel there was anything so special in the story itself. But the book was easy to read and a good company for a rainy Saturday afternoon.
It will travel next to Australia, as soon as I'll get Purple-lilly's address!

I read this book also as a part of my Book from every country in the world-challenge (China).

Journal Entry 44 by Purple-lilly from Heathfield, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Received yesterday and I began it straight away. Looks like an easy read! Thankyou

Journal Entry 45 by Purple-lilly at Australia Post in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 16, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (11/15/2006 UTC) at Australia Post in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

posted off to the next on the list today, enjoy!

Journal Entry 46 by Miss-Owl from Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Thailand on Monday, January 29, 2007

Picked up today from my po box...

... or should I say, rescued from the evil clutches of Australia Post.

My po box had been empty all month (very uncharacteristically), and it took A GREAT DEAL OF PERSISTENCE before I could persuade a member of staff to check the back room for me. Lo and behold, SEVEN books had been sitting there, and they hadn't sent me a SINGLE notification!!!

Sorry, still cranky. Please be patient with my reading time as I now have seven bookrings to go through!

Journal Entry 47 by Miss-Owl from Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Thailand on Friday, February 02, 2007

One bookring down, six to go :)

Thanks for sharing, GorgeousGlo, & once again a big thank you to Purple-lilly for being so gracious with my Aussie Post woes!

A charming little book, poetic and piquant, with gorgeously idiosyncratic characters; but it just didn't hold together for me. It felt like it was only part of a book, if you know what I mean, & the abruptness of the ending probably didn't help.

A swift & relaxing read. I've PMed mellonhead & will send this on soon.

Edited 6/2: mellonhead has received this as a rabck. PM'ed next in line, Rrrcaron .

Journal Entry 48 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Received this in the mail on Monday, but didn't get the chance to journal it until this morning. I have a book in progress, but this is next in line!
Ruth

Journal Entry 49 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What a wonderful read this was. The power of the written word was manifested in this story, as well as the art of storytelling, and it was a joy to read. I also learned of the re-education that took place during the Revolution and I was shocked. I didn't realize that this event had ever existed. I knew about banned books, but the whole idea of re-education and what it consited of blew me away. Thanks so much for sharing this book, and I will have it moving again asap.
Ruth

Journal Entry 50 by GorgeousGlo on Thursday, March 22, 2007

It arrived today after a very long journey. I should calculate how many miles it has traveled. I am planning on giving this book to my good friend Steve, who is going to China. Wouldn't it be neat to drop it off there?

Thanks to all who have participated!

Journal Entry 51 by GorgeousGlo on Thursday, June 28, 2007

Stevie left for China before i had a chance to give him the book.

I just read a fabulous novel by Wang Ping. If you liked Balzac, I am sure you will like Foreign Devil. If there is enough interest, I could start another ring!

Journal Entry 52 by GorgeousGlo on Friday, July 06, 2007

OK, it seems there are still enough people to warrant yet another ring. Yupi!

Rules for the BookRing (inspired from LyekkaMarengo's profile):

1. Please let me know your shipping restrictions.
2. Journal the book when you get it.
3. If you can't finish this book in ~ 4 weeks, please let me know.
4. Make your Journal Entry.
5. PM the next person in line before you send it to make sure they are still interested in participating.
6. PM the next person in line after you have actually mailed the book.

Thank you!

Shipping order:

passiontoread (PA) - intl OK
iliotropio (Belgium) - intl OK
Quak - (Germany) - EU preferred
Niksu (Finland) - intl OK
Aspen72 (Finland) - intl OK

Then back to me. Thank you all for joining!

Journal Entry 53 by GorgeousGlo on Thursday, October 11, 2007

OK, let's see how much further can we stretch this ring.

Mailed on Wednesday, October 10

Journal Entry 54 by passiontoread from Coopersburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, October 22, 2007

My goodness this book has traveled!!! I look at the book and just think where it has traveled and how many hands have held this book. That is just great! Isn't that what bookcrossing is all about? Got it in the mail today safely. The book is in amazing condition given all the readers. I'm looking forward to reading this and will have it traveling in a reasonable time. I do have another bookring ahead of this one. Thanks for keeping the book traveling.

Journal Entry 55 by passiontoread from Coopersburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I truly enjoyed this book!!! I read it all in one sitting on a plane across the country and could not put it down. Such a nice story about what you will do for the opportunity to read some books and the influence they have on our lives.
A very enjoyable read!! Thanks so much for sharing this book. I am on vacation now until Thursday. I will get the address of iliotropio (may already have it from previous bookrings) and will get the book back to traveling.

Journal Entry 56 by passiontoread from Coopersburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mailed to iliotropio today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 57 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Arrived safely in Brussels.
Thank you passiontoread; for the lovely, colourful postcard as well!

Journal Entry 58 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Monday, January 14, 2008

A wonderful little book which I recommend to all booklovers.
On its way to Quak. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 59 by quak from München, Bayern Germany on Thursday, January 24, 2008

Arrived today. Thanks for sending, iliotropio, and for the nice card. I'll hurry to read it, but have to finish another book first.

Update 17.02.08: It took me longer to read than I had expected. I liked the book but not more than average. It is very poetic but not very suspenseful. Nevertheless it was interesting to see what effects literature can have. I liked the language used and the way the story was told. Thanks for sharing the book.

Update 19.02.08: Is going to be posted today.

Journal Entry 60 by wingNiksuwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, February 25, 2008

Got the book today. Thanks quak for sending! This book sure has been travelling! I have Stephanie Plum-ringbook to be read, after that I'm able to start with this.

Journal Entry 61 by wingNiksuwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vivid little story which I liked. In modern world it's too easy to forget that reading books is not or has not been that simple to everyone. It would be great to finish Min Anchees Red Atsalea after this reading experience but too bad I have other books in line.

I already have Aspen75's address so will post this forward today. Keep Them Moving-challenge 2008 #18.

Journal Entry 62 by AspenYard from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, February 29, 2008

Book arrived safely today via mail. Thanks for all for passing it along, and thanks for the ring GorgeousGlo. Being a well travelled book this is in really good shape, which amazes me a bit. Must be good book as you all have been handling it so kindly :)

Journal Entry 63 by AspenYard from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, March 07, 2008

I finished reading just a moment ago and after that I browsed through all comments, many of which I agree. I find the book in a way poetic and artistic in style, but quite mediocre still. Also for me it seemed strange to change narrator in the couple of chapters in the middle of the book; it somehow broke the flow of story.

As the book was translated from French, I wonder, if it has been valued in France mainly because of Balzac - I actually have tried to read a book by Balzac, but couldn't quite adapt to it then, almost 15 years ago.

The ending amazed me, too. But I think I misunderstood the last sentence at first as the thought of prostitution came to my mind right away. When I tried to translate it into Finnish, I started to think it meant just kind of the opposite, mirroring to the happenings that would be quite draumatic to any woman, when forced to make difficult, unwanted decisions. Therefore, I would explain it in a way that she (The Little Seamstress) had understood that she did not need to suffer and feel quilt nor make excuses to herself or others, but move on, she was still valuable.

Thanks for sharing the book!
It will return home soon.
#14 release in Keep them moving 2008 challenge

Edit: Posted 12.3.2008

Journal Entry 64 by GorgeousGlo on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This book arrived safe and sound today, March 19. It has been read by 28 different people all over the world. It is #74 of the top 100 most travelled! I am retiring it from circulation, because three rings seems like a lot of fate tempting. But who knows, maybe one of these days I will do like Michael Jordan and bring it back.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the people who collaborated in these successful rings!