corner corner Birds of Heaven

Birds of Heaven
by Ben Okri | Literature & Fiction
Registered by kitab786 of Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 9/7/2007

status (set by Urla): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kitab786 from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, September 07, 2007

... wird evtl. noch nachgetragen.

Journal Entry 2 by kitab786 from Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, October 05, 2007

reserviert für Urla

Journal Entry 3 by kitab786 at by mail in sent by post, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 08, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (11/8/2007 UTC) at by mail in sent by post, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

ging heute an Urla

Journal Entry 4 by Urla from Galway, Co. Galway Ireland on Friday, November 09, 2007

I received the book today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by Urla from Galway, Co. Galway Ireland on Saturday, May 31, 2008

In these two inspirational essays, Ben Okri returns to the theme of his novel, "Astonishing the Gods". He explores the meaning of language, its unique power to shape und direct our lives, and the special responsibilities that belong to those who make words their weapons. Part rallying cry, part poetry, they suggest an alternative spiritual response to the problems of the present day and urge the case for contemplation and renewal.

----------

Beautiful, enchanting and wise beyond words. A short but great book by a great writer.

Find a more detailed review in my blog (in German only).

This book is part of my "1 year of my life = 1 country = 5 books"-Challenge (2nd book for Nigeria).

I will send this book to a friend of mine, who is a journalist and writer.