corner corner Bread Alone

Bread Alone
by Judith Ryan Hendricks | Literature & Fiction
Registered by momofap of Sheldon, Iowa USA on 9/6/2007

status (set by bookczuk): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by momofap from Sheldon, Iowa USA on Thursday, September 06, 2007

Copyright 2001, Hardcover book that has 358 pages. This was a new author for me. One of my BookCrossing pals suggested this book. I found the storyline to be really interesting and smooth reading. At times I felt sad for Wyn and other times she made me cheer for her. I did not like the character of Gary, he was to pushy. I was happy for Wyn when she made the choice to settle in Seattle. I enjoyed the smooth writing style of this author.

Journal Entry 2 by momofap from Sheldon, Iowa USA on Friday, May 09, 2008

This book is going into a box of books heading to an OBCZ.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, May 16, 2008

This arrived in a box of books from momofap, and will head out to one of our OBCZs soon. thank you so much! (It may take a quick rest here to be read before going out though. With 8 BookCrossers in the family,7 of whom are coming through the house this month, it's hard to predict the exact date out to one of the OBCZs!)

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bumma has said she'd like to read this one before I release it to an OBCZ. Hope that's okay! I'll remind her to try and journal, but at 86, all bets are off if she'll remember. :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookczukwing at on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (5/21/2008 UTC) at

Given to Bumma

Journal Entry 6 by wingbummawing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I have this book now.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbummawing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Sunday, June 08, 2008

Despite the fact that I picked this up from my daughter's hand and not at a BookCrossing Meeting or in the wild, I was glad to read it.

The backdrop of the bakery, its employees, its product were interesting to meet and follow.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbummawing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Monday, June 09, 2008

Bread making IS exciting.
ONE OF THE DEAREST MEMORIES I HAVE IS MIXING THE INGREDIENTS FOR A LOAF OF BREAD IN FRONT OF MY SON'S THIRD GRADE CLASS, LETTING THEM SEE IT RISE, BAKNG IT AND SERVING THEM SLICES. IWOLD HAVE ENJOYED TRYING SOMEOF THE RECIPES INCLUDED.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Saturday, June 14, 2008

The book is back with me now, and I really am enjoying reading it. Will have to copy/try some of the recipes in it and might just have to take up bread making again. Michele at Muddy Waters is interested in reading this when I am done.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Monday, June 16, 2008

Nice weekend read. I decided to drop the book at Muddy Waters today rather than try the recipes-- I have my favorites for all the ones listed already, just lack the time/inclination to make them. Maybe I'll be inspired now.

Don't know why Wyn was so surprised at the whole David vs Mac vs Gary thing...anyone with half a brain could pick the man most comfortable in his own skin, and with her leading a full and rewarding life.

From the Publisher

Thirty-one-year-old Wynter Morrison is lost when her husband leaves her for another woman. Desperate for a change, she moves to Seattle, where she spends aimless hours at a local bakery sipping coffee and inhaling the sweet aromas of freshly-made bread. These visits bring back memories of the time she aprenticed at a French boulangerie, when her passion for bread-making nearly led her to leave college and become a baker.

Once again, the desire to bake bred consumes her thoughts. When offered a position at the bake shop, Wyn quickly accepts, hoping that the baking will help her move on. But soon Wyn discovers that the making of bread—the kneading of the dough—possesses an unexpected and wondrous healing power—one that will ultimately renew her heart and her soul.

Journal Entry 11 by wingbookczukwing at Muddy Waters Coffee Bar 1739 Maybank Hwy at Folly in Charleston, South Carolina USA on Monday, June 16, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/16/2008 UTC) at Muddy Waters Coffee Bar 1739 Maybank Hwy at Folly in Charleston, South Carolina USA

Left for Michele to read and re-release at the coffee bar. :)

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, bookczuk, as your referring member. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Charleston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (second Sunday of the month) at various spots in the Tri-county area. Come join us! For more information, see our yahoo group here! Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 12 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This one turned back up on the Muddy Waters shelf today. I think I'll snag it to send to Hazrabai as Bumma read this book and liked it, and so did I.

Journal Entry 13 by wingbookczukwing at Meherabad (near Ahmednagar), Maharashtra India on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (11/18/2009 UTC) at Meherabad (near Ahmednagar), Maharashtra India

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!