corner corner The Wide Window

The Wide Window
by Lemony Snicket | Children's Books
Registered by DrSlump612 of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 9/4/2007

status (set by AgdaAgulina): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by DrSlump612 from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

RABCK to NMReader - to replace lost book spiral.

Journal Entry 2 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 22, 2007

This book arrived while I was in Chicago. I will pass on to bigcurlyloz as soon as she sends me her address.

Thank you DrSlump612 for sharing this book and allowing my spiral to continue.

Journal Entry 3 by NMReader at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 01, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (10/1/2007 UTC) at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to bigcurlyloz. Used flat rate priority mail envelope.

If I remember correctly the Custom Form # is LC962083676US. The PO clerk said if book was lost we could track with this #.

Here is the order:

nattabee
HunterRyu
Deepswamp
AgdaAgulina

Journal Entry 4 by bigcurlyloz from Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 13, 2007

I can confirm that this and the other four Snickett books arrived safely yesterday. I'm looking forward to reading them - thanks NMReader!

Journal Entry 5 by bigcurlyloz from Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another Snickett book that was a nice change from the academic reading I'm doing at the moment. Oh those poor orphans!!

Journal Entry 6 by bigcurlyloz from Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 28, 2007

Posted to AnglersRest yesterday.

Journal Entry 7 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, November 02, 2007

Collected from the post office this morning!

Journal Entry 8 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, December 30, 2007

Books 1-6 are now on their way to Crosspatch

Journal Entry 9 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 05, 2008

Arrived with 1,2 and 4-6. Thankyou.

Journal Entry 10 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm getting into the swing of this now. Seaman Uncle Otto!

Posted to Germany today, together with No.1 and 2. Airmail.

Journal Entry 11 by Mary-T from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thanks, Cross-patch, the first package arrived :)
I'm excited to read....
... later more

24-Mar-08
Minka! which means somethings along the lines of "This reminded me of my beloved cat who used to sneak into my arms and was called like that..."
- I was not very fond of Aunt Josefine, I have to admit. Who will be in charge for the three Baudelaires next???

Journal Entry 12 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Monday, April 14, 2008

I received the first 6 books in this series in the mail today from Mary-T. I look forward to reading this series. Thanks NMReader for sharing and thanks DrSlump612 for giving this book so the spiral could continue! I will journal each book as I finish it. Wow, it looks like all of these were stalled previously by others!

I'm so glad there are such generous bookcrossers out there who are willing to share these books with the rest of us!

Journal Entry 13 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Saturday, April 19, 2008

I finished this one last night. Mr. Poe is beginning to bother me a bit. Nobody would really be that ignorant about what is going on with the orphans and Count Olaf.

Even though these books are very different from the movie, I can't help picturing the characters as they looked in the movie as I read--especially since I just watched it again with my daughter yesterday while she was out of school on Spring Break. I look forward to reading the remainder of the series, which I do not think were included in the movie. It seems to have been primarily based on the first 3 books.

Since I have the first 6 books in my possession, I will mail them all together when I am finished reading books 4-6.

Journal Entry 14 by ladybug74 at via U.S. Postal Service in Bookring, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/22/2008 UTC) at via U.S. Postal Service in Bookring, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases

mailed to imuzak12, the next participant in the spiral

Journal Entry 15 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 27, 2008

I received Lemony Snicket book 1-6 yesterday@Key West, Florida, USA. Thanks to ladybug74 for sending me, thanks to other BCers who replaced lost books of this series, and thanks to NMReader for hosting this bookspiral! I have never read them because I didn't grow up in the US. I am exciting to read them and smiling with anticipation.

Journal Entry 16 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 15, 2008

I enjoyed reading this book although Mr. Poe and Aunt Josephine frustrated me sometimes. Speaking of "frustration", Lemony Snicket wrote, "Frustration is an interesting emotional state, because it tends to bring out the worst in whoever is frustrated. [...] Frustrated citizens tend to execute kings and queens and make a democracy". It is an interesting observation indeed. I didn't kill anybody or damage anything, so I was not so frustrated, I guess.

Journal Entry 17 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 26, 2008

I am very sorry to keep these books so long. I decided to mail first 3 books to dastephan6 for now. I should be able to mail 3 more books in my possession as soon as I finish reading the last one.
Delivery Confirmation is #0308-0070-0001-4748-2446.

Journal Entry 18 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

recieved in the mail today. looking forward to reading it, as well as the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 19 by dastephan6 at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, December 04, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (12/4/2008 UTC) at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

sent to willits, CA for the bookspiral!

Journal Entry 20 by BecksterCa from Willits, California USA on Monday, December 29, 2008

looking forward to reading this.

I'm sending this on to the next person.I enjoyed reading it!

Journal Entry 21 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Monday, March 09, 2009

Yea! I have looked forward to reading the rest of this series after getting the first book and enjoying it so much! Thanks so much, Beckster, for sending books two through five. I was trilled when I got the package today. I am so happy to be part of this bookring. I will try to finish these in a timely manner.

Journal Entry 22 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Thursday, March 26, 2009

Well, I am thrilled to have joined this book ring! I think I have enjoyed this series just about as much as any book I have read.
If you've seen the movie, this book is right in line with the story of Aunt Josephine, but just as usual, the book is better than the movie. Count Olaf makes me mad and depressed at the same time, but I love those Baudelaire kids, especially Sunny! I jus wished she'd bite his leg off and be done with him already! ;-)
Great book!!!

Journal Entry 23 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, April 03, 2009

Received safely! Will read as soon as I can, thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 24 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finished this book in two days once I got started. It's not a happy tale, but I surely enjoyed it. That Count Olaf, what a horrible person! I really feel so bad for the poor children. Although I didn't feel bad for Josephine. I'll be sending this book along to Deepswamp soon!

Journal Entry 25 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Monday, May 18, 2009

Arrived safe, with three different kind of bookmarks in it. When it´s ready to travel, I will put some moore bookmarks to travel with it.

Journal Entry 26 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Wide Window is a children's novel and the third novel in the book series A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. In The Wide Window, the Baudelaire orphans are sent to live with their third guardian, a distant relative, Mrs. Anwhistle, otherwise known as Aunt Josephine, who lives on a house overlooking a lake.

The children are fantastic!

Journal Entry 27 by AgdaAgulina from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

In a series of very fortunate bookcrossing events, this book arrived just the day when I visited last time my old flat to return the keys for good. To be read in a balcony of the new flat... Thank you Deepswamp, wonderful package again and many bookmarks indeed!

Journal Entry 28 by AgdaAgulina from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, June 25, 2009

Inspired from the movie, I awaited The Wide Window most. The house on a hill was so great. Maybe as my expectations were so high, the book was somehow heavy to read in the beginning, and Aunt Josephine wasn't as charming and funny as Meryl Streep. However, towards the end of the book it got really excited, and made it a good read again. I like that these books are so small (though tend to get thicker?), and great fast read between other books - something complitely different...

Journal Entry 29 by misterpip on Sunday, September 06, 2009

#3 better than #2! This is like a little snack- pick it up and finish it!

Starting to feel a bit predictable, but still I did manage to finish it. I liked the imagery in the movie better too-

Thanks for sending it round!

Journal Entry 30 by AgdaAgulina at BookMooch, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 10, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (9/11/2009 UTC) at BookMooch, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases

As I didn't find more interested readers around, I offered the first Snickets through BookMooch - and now they are on their way to the readingroom in Brunei Darussalam!!