corner corner The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Volume 2)

The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Volume 2)
by Lemony Snicket | Children's Books
Registered by DrSlump612 of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 9/4/2007

status (set by AgdaAgulina): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by DrSlump612 from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

RABCK to NMReader - to replace lost book spiral.

Journal Entry 2 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 22, 2007

This book arrived while I was in Chicago. I will pass on to bigcurlyloz as soon as she sends me her address.

Thank you DrSlump612 for sharing this book and allowing my spiral to continue.

Journal Entry 3 by NMReader at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 01, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (10/1/2007 UTC) at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to bigcurlyloz. Used flat rate priority mail envelope.

If I remember correctly the Custom Form # is LC962083676US. The PO clerk said if book was lost we could track with this #.

Here is the order:
nattabee
HunterRyu
Deepswamp
AgdaAgulina

Journal Entry 4 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 13, 2007

I can confirm that this and the other four Snickett books arrived safely yesterday. I'm looking forward to reading them - thanks NMReader!

Journal Entry 5 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 18, 2007

This was a very fun read - I loved Uncle Monty and although the plot is contrived, it doesn't matter - it's entertaining. I have even learnt a couple of new words!!

Journal Entry 6 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 28, 2007

Posted to AnglersRest yesterday.

Journal Entry 7 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, November 02, 2007

Collected from the post office this morning!

Journal Entry 8 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, December 30, 2007

Books 1-6 are now on their way to Crosspatch

Journal Entry 9 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 05, 2008

Arrived with books 1, 3-6.

Journal Entry 10 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Where do these hapless children go next? I shall find out soon.

Journal Entry 11 by Mary-T from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lemony Snicket arrived safe and sound. Thanks for shipping, Cross-patch and also many thanks to NMReader for this spiral.
I'm curious to get to know how the story goes on!
... to be continued

23-Mar-08
... poor Uncle Monty!
I'm already into the middle of The wide window now; finding out how the story will go on.

Journal Entry 12 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Monday, April 14, 2008

I received the first 6 books in this series in the mail today from Mary-T. I look forward to reading this series. Thanks NMReader for sharing and thanks DrSlump612 for giving this book so the spiral could continue! I will journal each book as I finish it.

Wow, it looks like all of these were stalled previously by others! I'm so glad there are such generous bookcrossers out there who are willing to share these books with the rest of us!

Journal Entry 13 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Thursday, April 17, 2008

I did not enjoy this one as much as the first book in the series. It's probably because I watched the movie again this morning with my daughter, then read most of this book today. Since I had just watched the movie which contained scenes from this part of the series, I felt like I had already read parts of it. The books are different in many ways than the movie, but I do think that the movie spoiled this book for me today.

I do still love that so many "big words" are used and defined for children. I wish my daughter would read these books! She's always asking me "What does this word mean?" when she is reading.

I will mail all 6 books together when I finish reading them.

Journal Entry 14 by ladybug74 at via U.S. Postal Service in Bookring, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/22/2008 UTC) at via U.S. Postal Service in Bookring, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases

mailed to imuzak12, the next participant in the spiral

Journal Entry 15 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 27, 2008

I received Lemony Snicket book 1-6 yesterday@Key West, Florida, USA. Thanks to ladybug74 for sending me, thanks to other BCers who replaced lost books of this series, and thanks to NMReader for hosting this bookspiral! I have never read them because I didn't grow up in the US. I am exciting to read them and smiling with anticipation.

Journal Entry 16 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Friday, June 13, 2008

It is really a different kind of adventure to read!
I realized that each book have 13 chapters, which is unlucky number, and this series continue to book 13, which means not only it is unlucky number but also the Baudelaire orphans will be passed around among 11 more strange so-called relatives. Wooo, what kind of wicked people the Baudelaires and I am going to meet...!? By the way, today is 13th of Friday...

Journal Entry 17 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 26, 2008

I am very sorry to keep these books so long. I decided to mail first 3 books to dastephan6 for now. I should be able to mail 3 more books in my possession as soon as I finish reading the last one.
Delivery Confirmation is #0308-0070-0001-4748-2446.

Journal Entry 18 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

recieved in the mail today. looking forward to reading it, as well as the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 19 by dastephan6 at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, December 04, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (12/4/2008 UTC) at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

sent to willits, CA for the bookspiral!

Journal Entry 20 by BecksterCa from Willits, California USA on Monday, December 29, 2008

looking forward to reading this and sending it on it's way!

I enjoyed reading this book and am now passing it to the next person in line.

Journal Entry 21 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Monday, March 09, 2009

Yea! I have looked forward to reading the rest of this series after getting the first book and enjoying it so much! Thanks so much, BecksterCA, for sending books two through five. I was trilled when I got the package today. I am so happy to be part of this bookring.

Speaking of which, I enjoyed the first book so much that when I ran into the second book at a used book store, I couldn't pass it up. That being said, I have already read book two so I think I will go ahead and mail it to the next person in the line. I will get it in the mail as soon as possible....probably later this week.

Journal Entry 22 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Monday, March 16, 2009

Arrived safe! Thank you very much for the nice bookmark!!
Looking forward to read about the Baudelaire children!

Journal Entry 23 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Sunday, March 29, 2009

Poor children!

Journal Entry 24 by AgdaAgulina from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 02, 2009

The second part has again safely arrived in Prague - and what amazing timing, just yesterday we watched for the first time the film about the boooks!! And even more eager am I to read on...

Journal Entry 25 by AgdaAgulina from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, April 27, 2009

Oi joi joi... indeed the worse it seems to be. However, after all this horrors, I am really looking forward to the next one, as I got some hint about it in the movie...

Journal Entry 26 by misterpip on Sunday, September 06, 2009

Maybe just disappointed to find that it started almost exactly the same, with too many disclaimers about the evil nature of this book, I didn't get past 50 pages before I had to put it down. I know it's a kids book but kids aren't that dumb are they?

I was thrilled by the first and not taken at all by this one. O well.

Thanks anyway!

Journal Entry 27 by AgdaAgulina at BookMooch, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 10, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (9/10/2009 UTC) at BookMooch, a bookmoocher -- Controlled Releases

As I didn't find more interested readers around, I offered the first Snickets through BookMooch - and now they are on their way to the readingroom in Brunei Darussalam!!