corner corner Brick Lane : A Novel

Brick Lane : A Novel
by Monica Ali | Literature & Fiction
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 9/3/2007

status (set by brewski): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 03, 2007

Picked this up at the Grove City Outlet Stores.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I think was expecting more from this book based on the amount of praise and award nominations that have been heaped on it, but I thought it was just okay. While the writing was excellent and the interspersing of letters from Nazneen's sister with the story was an interesting technique, I just did not connect with the story itself.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski at Scotiabank, Bay and King in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/31/2009 UTC) at Scotiabank, Bay and King in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Left in the 18th Floor Kitchen at 44 King St W

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, brewski, as your referring member.