corner corner Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony

Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony
by Eoin Colfer | Teens
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 9/3/2007

status (set by HoserLauren): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 03, 2007

Picked this up at the Grove City Outlet Stores.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another enjoyable installment in the Artemis Fowl series. I find it interesting how Artemis has gradually gone from juvenile criminal mastermind to practically a hero as this series has progressed. In any case, this novel kept me interested from start to finish and was a quick read.

I am setting this aside for another BookObsessor.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 02, 2008

Dropping this in the mail today.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, February 08, 2008

When this book arrived today, I thought I recognized the name but I first said "Isn't Brewski from Canada?!?" The book was coming from California! I guess Brewski enjoys the American postal system as much as I do and tries to mail out anything from the USA since it is so much cheaper.

Thank you so much for RABCK'ing my this book! I'm actually reading the book 2 prior in the series right now. It's nice to know that I can continue on with the series when I finish the next 2 books. Thanks again :)

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"Mud Boy" Artemis Fowl, elf Holly Short, centaur Foley, and the regular cast is back again for another round of saving the People. This time, there are demons popping up in the middle of crowded streets and Artemis determines that their world is starting to collapse on itself. Only magic and warlocks can save the demon race from human discovery.

We're introduced to a few new characters in this book and I hope they make appearances in the upcoming books because they were great additions. I also think the way the book ended opened up a lot of possibilities for the next book in the series. As always, this was a lot of fun.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 05, 2009

this book is with me now

Journal Entry 7 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 25, 2009

Demons are starting to appear all over the world. It seems that the spell sending the demons to Limbo is eroding. If a human gets hold of a demon who knows what will be revealed or what will be unleashed. Holly Short is brought back by Foaly to help with the investigation. Holly and Diggums had teamed up to do some private investigations. Foaly has some new really neat technological stuff.

Artemis is already on the path to trying to capture a demon. But so is his counterpart, a beautiful 12 year old girl who happens to be his equal in the intelligence department.

The addition of new characters really brings this story to life and I found I liked this book the best so far in the series. Can't wait to see if these new characters stick around for awhile

Journal Entry 8 by HoserLauren from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 17, 2009

I took this book to our Oakville Bookcrossing Meetup on Sunday and someone took it home.