corner corner The Pilgrimage

The Pilgrimage
by Paulo Coelho | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by foxbooks of Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on 9/2/2007

status (set by krl112): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by foxbooks from Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Sunday, September 02, 2007

Here Paulo Coelho details his journey across Spain along the legendaryroad of San Tiago, which pilgrims have travelled since Middle Ages. On this contemporary quest, he encounters a Chaucerian variety of mysterious guides and devilish opponents and learns to understand the nature of truth through the simplicity of life.

Journal Entry 2 by foxbooks from Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Sunday, September 02, 2007

this book fro Paulo Coelho was a very intersting journey into the past, even i am not very religious, but it was absorbing for me to see, how many exertions Paulo must go through on his way to San Tiago, and he never gave up. Also i thought sometimes that his guide can't be from this world, it was very strange to follow this excercises, and even to beliefe the results.

i think this is a book, which i want to sent around the world, if you are interestet, sent me a PM

Journal Entry 3 by foxbooks at An einen Bookcrosser in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (12/11/2007 UTC) at An einen Bookcrosser in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany

auf dem weg zu quak ....... viel spass beim lesen ......

ich werde hier einen weiteren JE hinterlassen wenn sich noch ein weiterer leser findet .

frohe weihnachten und einen guten rutsch :-))

Journal Entry 4 by quak from München, Bayern Germany on Monday, December 17, 2007

Arrived last weekend. Thanks for sending!

Update 9.5.2008: Not what I had expected but a very good book. I really liked the way it was told. The pilgrimage was also quite interesting and some of the exercises seem to be very nice ones. Although some of the rituals described were too much magic for my liking.
Thanks for sharing the book.

I gave it to my sister as she likes Coelho a lot. I will get it back at my next visit in Austria.

Journal Entry 5 by ninastu on Sunday, May 11, 2008

habe das buch heute von quak bekommen, geht in 2 wochen wieder zurück und von dort weiter auf die reise ...

Journal Entry 6 by foxbooks from Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, May 26, 2008

hallo, es hat sich ein weiterer leser/in gefunden ...... das buch darf weiterwandern :-))

Supertalya• Seoul / South Korea
Erishkigal• Salt Lake City / USA
kotus123• Lübeck / Germany
solskinn• Wien / Austria

Journal Entry 7 by Supertalya on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I just got this in the mail! I should be able to start reading this one this weekend.

Update: June 18th

I don't know what I expected when I started reading the book. The pilgrimage to Santiago is one of my life goals that I plan to do sometime. I thought it would be interesting to read Paulo Coehlo's experience with the Camino. It was a little too "new agey" for my tastes. I liked reading all the RAMs and even had a little fun trying them out.

I will send this on today in the post to Erishkigal. Maybe she will enjoy it more than I did.

Journal Entry 8 by Supertalya at Bookring in bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/17/2008 UTC) at Bookring in bookcrosser, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sending it off to Utah!

Journal Entry 9 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

my apologies, foxbooks and supertayla~~the book arrived here sometime between July 1 and yesterday, but it has now been located. For both happy and sad, I have a housefull this month; Saterday my daughter was married in a beautiful outdoor (and totally self-catered) wedding~~that kept us running like the proverbial chickens with our heads cut off. And the sad is why my siblings are here for the month; to go thru our Mom's estate and probate and all that "stuff." The upshot is that I've only brought the mail in once since they arrived, and sometimes I think to ask and sometimes I don't. And sometimes someone says "oh, btw," and sometimes they don't. And the house is full of loads of everyone's stuff. But the book is now in my hands, it's going straight down to my bedstand now that I've journalled receiving it, and I am looking forward to reading it! Thanks!!

Journal Entry 10 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I think I finally finished this close to three weeks ago, and thought I'd journal as I sent it on....and then tried and tried to reach kotus123, without success (pms and ISOs), so finally I have given up and now have solskinns address so it will be going to Austria.

The book was sure not what I expected (tho I couldn't tell you what that might be.) I enjoyed it. I think. At times I had a hard time staying focused with it; i don't know if that was the book, or everything going on in my life.

Some of the excercises, the RAMS were fascinating, And I've already found one practice very helpful: digging into my cuticle with my nail when putting negative thoughts on myself. It's working.! And I do believe I shall be much better off if I can retain away guilts and other negativity.

An interesting mix between Christian religions, and both Medieval and New Age mysticisms :) Thank you for sharing with us, foxbooks.

Journal Entry 11 by wolkenklang on Thursday, September 18, 2008

It has arrived!
Thank you for passing it on, Erishkigal, and thank you foxbooks for the bookring!

Journal Entry 12 by wolkenklang on Monday, October 13, 2008

Meanwhile I have asked foxbooks if I can keep the book a little longer than the ususal time span for a bookring is. I am just not in the mood for a pilgrimage right now. He/she said I can keep it as long as I want to, so: Thanks a lot!

Journal Entry 13 by wolkenklang on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally I got around to reading this!

I really enjoyed others of Coelho's novels, above all I liked Veronica Decides to Die, and By the Rio Piedra I Sat Down and Wept. The Pilgrimage wasn't so much a story I liked. It was just too much spiritual and catholic and magical talk. Not my cup of tea at all, I am sorry.

I still wish I liked it ...

Foxbooks just told me today that this is a bookray, meaning it ends with me and I could do whatever I wanted with the book. Since I just noticed it is on one of my BC friends' wishlists I'll send the book to her to enjoy. I hope she likes it!

Journal Entry 14 by wolkenklang at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (1/21/2009 UTC) at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Off to New Jersey! I really hope you like it better than I did.

Journal Entry 15 by krl112 from Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh Wow! I'm so speechless! It is so nice to get a surprise in the mail! Especially something I've been wanting to read. I'm so excited to read this book. Thank you so much, solskinn, for sending this to me. This was so thoughtful!! I love the beautiful postcard from Vienna, and the great labels in German. This was truly generous of you!