corner corner Shock

Shock
by Robin Cook | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by scrapaholic of Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, September 01, 2007

status (set by pearlz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by scrapaholic from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, September 01, 2007

Students and close friends Deborah Cochrane and Joanna Meissner have spotted a newspaper as that may solve their financial problems. An exclusive and highly profitable fertility clinic on Boston's North Shore is looking for female donors, so they reckon they can do a bit of good by helping infertile couple while earning some money for themselves. Even when dark rumours surface of a previous donor's enexplained disappearance, the wo young women remain undeterred......

Journal Entry 2 by scrapaholic from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Sunday, July 26, 2009

Once the story got going I was caught up in the women's quest.
Parts of it was over the top but hey, it added to excitment and suspence.

Journal Entry 3 by wingamberCwing from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Friday, September 18, 2009

Picked up at the meet-up.

Journal Entry 4 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, February 23, 2012

An ok read, but it didn't grab me. I worked out what was going on from very early on. Deborah and Joanna were annoying and sooooo stupid at times. The ending was a bit of a non-event.

I've read others by this author that I enjoyed more.

Journal Entry 5 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, March 08, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/8/2012 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

Travelling with another book.

Journal Entry 6 by KLL at Perth, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

RABCK from amberc. Opened up to the author blurb on the first page to find the sentence 'Over the past few years, four of his nuvels have been produced as highly successful films for television'. Is 'nuvel' an actual type of novel, or is that the worst typo ever... ??!

Journal Entry 7 by KLL at Toast in East Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/29/2012 UTC) at Toast in East Perth, Western Australia Australia

I haven't actually got around to reading this, but I need to clear some shelf space so I'm releasing at the Perth BC Meetup today!

Journal Entry 8 by pearlz at Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, July 29, 2012

caught at the East Perth meetup

Journal Entry 9 by pearlz at Melbourne Metro YHA, Howard St in North Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (11/11/2012 UTC) at Melbourne Metro YHA, Howard St in North Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Medical thriller set in a fertility clinic. Read a bit but didn't finish.

In the bookshelf in the 3rd floor tv lounge