corner corner Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
by John Berendt | Literature & Fiction
Registered by melydia of Centreville, Virginia USA on 12/17/2007

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Monday, December 17, 2007

Picked this up at a used bookstore in Fairfax, Virginia.

Journal Entry 2 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, April 04, 2008

Technically I listened to this on audiobook, but I feel no compunction about sharing my thoughts here anyway.

This book is just so good. It's funny, full of memorable characters, and completely true. That last actually makes it even more compelling. In short, it's about the author's adventures in Savannah, Georgia, in the 1980s and all the quirky people he meets. It's also about the murder trial(s) of Jim Williams, a wealthy antiques dealer whose annual Christmas party is the height of the social scene. I was drawn in from the very first, and now I desperately want to visit Savannah and see its storied beauty.

edit 13 April 2008: Released this at Panera in Alexandria, VA, yesterday at the local BC meet, and it was journaled before I got home! Wonderful! :D

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, April 12, 2008

Caught at Panera Bread at Alexandria Commons shopping center. Looking forward to reading it!