corner corner What do you Care What Other People Think

What do you Care What Other People Think
by Richard P. Feynman | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Centreville, Virginia USA on 12/17/2007

status (set by pants11): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Monday, December 17, 2007

Picked this up at a used bookstore in Fairfax, Virginia. Who can resist a little Feynman?

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This was the first Feynman book I've ever read, a fact which is a touch embarrassing given that I have a degree in Physics. It was also probably not the best book to start with, since it is possibly the last book he ever wrote (it was published posthumously). All the same, I thoroughly enjoyed it and now want to pick up everything else he's written. The first part is a variety of stories from his life about his childhood, his first wife, etc. The second and longer part is about the investigation of the Challenger explosion. Having been too young at the time to understand more than that a horrible tragedy had occurred, the descriptions of Feynman's attempts to get to the bottom of things are riveting. He's funny, brilliant, and a touch egocentric, and it all makes for a delightful read. Highly recommended.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at -- Airports and planes in Dallas, Texas USA on Friday, June 13, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/12/2008 UTC) at -- Airports and planes in Dallas, Texas USA

Left on top of the pump.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by pants11 from Coopersburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, July 07, 2008

I saw this book sitting in the building i work in and thought it was really neat of it being a traveling book.

CAUGHT IN ALLENTOWN PA UNITED STATES