corner corner The Zahir

The Zahir
by Paulo Coelho | Literature & Fiction
Registered by keithpp of Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on 8/30/2007

status (set by keithpp): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by keithpp from Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 30, 2007

My introduction to Paulo Coelho was through chatting to a lovely Lithuanian girl who recommended that I read The Zahir, which is what she was reading as we both sat relaxing outside a pub by the river in Guildford.

I tried that day to buy a copy, but with no luck, but did though manage to pick up a copy of Like the Flowing River and a couple of days later The Alchemist.

Both books I have read and thoroughly enjoyed.

A couple of weeks later and a trip down to Brighton and a tour of the secondhand bookshops in North Laine, a Bohemian part of Brighton, I struck lucky, and managed to find several books by Paulo Coelho, including ones I had already got, but I picked them up as well to either release into the wild or pass on to friends. [see Synchronicity and Paulo Coelho]

A couple of days later in Guildford, I struck lucky again and found The Zahir. On the same day, I passed to my lovely friend Louise a copy of Like the Flowing River (see BCID 5371513) as a birthday present.