corner corner Eldest. (Corgi Books) (Corgi Books)

Eldest. (Corgi Books) (Corgi Books)
by Christopher Paolini | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Shevek-72 of Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 8/15/2007

status (set by golden-brown): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Shevek-72 from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Not as good as the first one, the story is a bit stretched out, but still a good read.
Available on request.

Journal Entry 2 by Shevek-72 at BookRay in -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, October 26, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (10/25/2007 UTC) at BookRay in -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Geht per Post an Soleille - viel Spaß damit.

Journal Entry 3 by soleille from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Monday, October 29, 2007

Vielen Dank Shevek, dafür lässt man sich doch gern von der Briefträgerin aus den Federn klingeln :o) Freu mich schon riesig drauf!

Du schreist laut "hier", wenn du was bei meinen AVLs findest, ja?- bzw. wenn du Bare Bones -schonmal als Vorschuss?- haben magst, brauche ich deine Adresse :o)

Okay, here's my review:

Being lost in the world of the Dragonriders and seriously annoyed by the very open ending of Eragon, I just had to get Eldest and this is even better - this is definitely on my favourites list!

While just 200 pages into the book, I posted in a thread on book talk "Does your current book have a great quote?" - this is the quote:
"I have a new name for pain[ ...] The Obliterator. Because when you're in pain, nothing else can exist. Not thought. Not emotion. Only the drive to escape the pain. When it's strong enough, the Obliterator strips us of everything that makes us who we are, until we're reduced to creatures less than animals, creatures with a single desire: escape."

And I admit, some bits moved me to tears - the end of the celebration with the dragon blessing was just awesome!

So, this is a great fantasy epic up there with Lord of the rings and the Potters, but it has so much...wisdom? insight?, too, especially astonishing with such a young author, and I'll definitely recommend it!

Again, a horribly cliffhangy ending - but I hear rumours that the third book will be out late this year....let's hope :O)

Journal Entry 4 by Sunjo from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, January 19, 2008

ich hab es, sorry für den späten Eintrag

Journal Entry 5 by Sunjo from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I really like this book - it was exciting.
At first it was a little bit difficult for me to concentrate on the changes between the stories of Roran and Eragon. Often such a change was a good excuse for a reading-break. But then I became addicted and had to read the book 'til the end nearly without any breaks, I slept not enough and so on... But I really wanted to know how the story ends.
The problem is: it was no real ending, because there will be the third book of inheritance - I'm looking forward to read it

Journal Entry 6 by wingjirikawing from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, March 07, 2008

Hab das Buch vor ein paar Tagen mit der Post bekommen. Vielen Dank! :)) Nach dem Stress mit dem Unterrichtsbesuch ist das genau die richtige Lektüre zur Entspannung! Vielen Dank fürs an mich denken und zuschicken!v Wie schön! Und auf Englisch, besser gehts ja wohl nicht mehr!!^__^

Journal Entry 7 by wingjirikawing from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, April 13, 2008

I really loved that book and can't wait to read the (yet unfinished) 3rd one!

Journal Entry 8 by wingjirikawing from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, April 13, 2008

Was soll jetzt mit dem Buch passieren? Ist es ein Ray?

Journal Entry 9 by wingjirikawing from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, April 26, 2008

Book comes with me to the meetup today.

Journal Entry 10 by wingjirikawing at Gelbe Seiten Café-Bar-Lounge, Rondellplatz (OBCZ) in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, April 26, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/26/2008 UTC) at Gelbe Seiten Café-Bar-Lounge, Rondellplatz (OBCZ) in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Journal Entry 11 by golden-brown from Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ich habe bisher nur den ersten Band (auf deutsch) gelesen - mal sehen, ob ich die Zeit finde für den zweiten Band. Ich könnte mir aber vorstellen, dass mein älterer Sohn, der gerne Fantasy, auch auf Englisch liest, an dem Buch Interesse hat - andernfalls schicke ich es wieder auf die Reise