corner corner Wide Sargasso Sea

Wide Sargasso Sea
by J. Rhys | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Floss42 of Georgetown, New South Wales Australia on 8/13/2007

status (set by briz-cowgirl): available

Journal Entry 1 by Floss42 from Georgetown, New South Wales Australia on Monday, August 13, 2007

looking for a new reader

Journal Entry 2 by Floss42 at Mayfield Community Centre in Mayfield, New South Wales Australia on Monday, August 13, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (8/13/2007 UTC) at Mayfield Community Centre in Mayfield, New South Wales Australia

RELEASE NOTES: Headed for Maycare but intercepted by Cat and Lakelady - nice to meet a local BCer

Journal Entry 3 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Thursday, August 23, 2007

This book was not actually 'wild released'. It was passed on to me via lakelady2282. Thank you Deb, and Floss42 for sharing. X

Journal Entry 4 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Monday, September 24, 2007

I guess now I've got reason to read the 'Jane Eyre' that's been on my TBR shelf for years!

Journal Entry 5 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sending to livrecache before I move house. Enjoy. X

Journal Entry 6 by livrecache from Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Monday, October 01, 2007

I have a copy of this in my PC. I just love having books to bookcross that I really love -- thanks once again, cat207.

Journal Entry 7 by livrecache from Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Monday, February 04, 2008

Sending to dolphin-au today.

Journal Entry 8 by livrecache at controlled release in controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 04, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (2/4/2008 UTC) at controlled release in controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

One of the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die

Journal Entry 9 by dolphin-au from Lake Macquarie, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, February 10, 2008

Received as part of the '1001 ...' VBB. Thanks Livrecache!

Journal Entry 10 by dolphin-au from Lake Macquarie, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, February 04, 2010

I must confess that it is a very long time ago that I read Jane Eyre, and my memories of that experience are fairly dim (and I have no desire to renew the acquaintance either), so the relevance of the main character in this book for the novel Jane Eyre is not as clear as it should be.
I still enjoyed this book though, but not as much as some of the other books I've read from the 1001 list.

Journal Entry 11 by dolphin-au at Bellingen, New South Wales Australia on Monday, June 07, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (6/7/2010 UTC) at Bellingen, New South Wales Australia

Sent to Briz-cowgirl as part of the OZ VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Calamvale, Queensland Australia on Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thanks dolphin-au! I chose this one from the OZ VBB because I love Jane Eyre. This book was reviewed on ABC's First Tuesday Book Club, and the pre-story intriuged me! Looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 13 by briz-cowgirl at Calamvale, Queensland Australia on Thursday, June 10, 2010

Silly me, didn't realise I wasn't logged in when I registered this catch! The previous journal entry belongs to me :)

Journal Entry 14 by briz-cowgirl at Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's been a while since I read Jane Eyre as well, so it took me a little bit of time to get up to speed with the characters again featured in Wide Sargasso Sea. I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping; the story dragged a bit and I wasn't all that interested in Antoinett as a person. Glad to have read it though, and at only 155 pages it is a very easy read!