corner corner Einstein's Dreams

Einstein's Dreams
by Alan Lightman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 8/12/2007

status (set by NMReader): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bought at a used book sale. Excellent condition.

I read this years ago in college. It was required reading for all freshmen the year I had a mentee in the honors program, so I read it both for enjoyment and so I could discuss it.

I found it to be an incredible read, but quite difficult to describe. I like the "endlessly fascinating" phrase on the back cover, actually. I've always been interested in different time and space possibilities, so my favorite parts were all the different worlds and places and how things in them fit. I remember my freshman mentee at the time said that was his least favorite part, though- there's something interesting in this book for everyone!

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sending out as a Ray it Forward.

Released for Never Judge a Book by its Cover Challenge- week 37(clock)

What's Ray it Forward? It's like an informal bookray. When you receive the book, read it within a few months then ray it forward to someone else who promises to do likewise. There's no list of participants to keep track of and everyone chooses his or her shipping preferences. It's a nice way to get a book moving within our community.

Journal Entry 3 by efs300 from Bedford, New Hampshire USA on Monday, September 24, 2007

Einstein''s Dreams arrived in New Hampshire today. A record for the USPS, mailed in Virginia on Saturday and it was delivered on Monday in New Hampshire! I look forward to reading this book, I am slipping it in behind the top 2 books of my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 4 by efs300 from Bedford, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What a fascination little book. One could easily imagine that these could have really been Einstein's dreams. Thanks KateKintail for offering up this amazing little book as a Ray it Forward. It will be mailed to NewEnglandHiker tomorrow.

Journal Entry 5 by NewEnglandHiker from Brookline, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, October 27, 2007

Received this book in the mail today as part of it's ray-it-forward journey. I'm currently in the middle of a tome but will add this one to the queue, hopefully getting to it within the next couple of weeks.

Journal Entry 6 by NewEnglandHiker from Brookline, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, December 13, 2007

This is an interesting, if strange, little book. It is entertaining and -- like the man himself -- mind-expanding. A pleasant diverson. Now on it's continued journey.

Journal Entry 7 by mssaver from Chicago, Illinois USA on Saturday, December 15, 2007

The book is here! I look forward to reading it and raying it forward.

Journal Entry 8 by mssaver from Chicago, Illinois USA on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Interesting book, all about time in ways you might never suspect. I'm posting it in the Bookray forum in hopes of raying it forward soon.

Journal Entry 9 by mssaver from Chicago, Illinois USA on Thursday, January 10, 2008

Finally on its way to Moonwoolf

Journal Entry 10 by Moonwoolf from Azambuja, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It has arrived today!!! I'm very happy to receive this book, and i will start to read at once. :)
Thanks for sharing.

04-03-2008 = It is a very interesting book; but it is dificult for me to think that it could exist someone like me in another place, even if it is different in hers life... It is kind of strange think that i'm not special, cause i could not be unique. It's an interesting thought but didn't convince me that this is a truth possibility. If we knew that the world would end in exactly that moment, i guess caos is what would happen. Humans would ruin there self, before the time ends. :)
Thanks for sharing and sending.

Journal Entry 11 by Moonwoolf at on Monday, March 17, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (3/17/2008 UTC) at

Happy travel to NMReader.

Journal Entry 12 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

found in mailbox after my trip. Looking forward to reading