corner corner Detective

Detective
by arthur hailey | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingFiregirlwing of Annandale, Virginia USA on 8/9/2007

status (set by trekwoman): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Thursday, August 09, 2007

From back cover: Serial killer Elroy "Animal" Doil is hours away from the electric chair. In his last hours of life, he wants to make a confession -- to Detective Malcolm Ainslie, the man who put him away. And as much as he''d like to, Ainslie can''t ignore the criminal''s request. Because although Doil is guilty of a gruesome double murder, his confession could close twn other unsolved slayings. What Ainslie learns, however, will thrust him into an investigation that leads directlty to elite levels of city government -- and some of his trusted colleagues.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, August 13, 2007

Sending to one of my most favorite Bookaholics (the ever-wonderful Trekwoman) in exchange for postage. Happy reading!! (NOTE: This book appears "In the wild" because I accidentally made wild release notes for it previous to this entry. Ooops!)

Journal Entry 3 by trekwoman from Santa Ana, California USA on Friday, August 31, 2007

Hailey's a great author. Will share with family, too.

Journal Entry 4 by trekwoman from Santa Ana, California USA on Saturday, September 29, 2007

Pro: Arthur Hailey, excellent writer.
Con: Took FAR, FAR too long to spin this story out. Halfway through I was so frustrated I started skimming the text, then finally just jumped to the last thirty pages or so to find out what really happened.

Too many detective characters in this. I realize they were there to make a person suspect all of them, but come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Journal Entry 5 by trekwoman at Suburban Heights Medical Center in Chicago Heights, Illinois USA on Monday, October 01, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (10/1/2007 UTC) at Suburban Heights Medical Center in Chicago Heights, Illinois USA

2nd floor waiting room near the Lab. Look on one of the blue chairs.