corner corner The Sound of Laughter

The Sound of Laughter
by Peter Kay | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingPaws4Bookswing of Deal, Kent United Kingdom on 8/8/2007

status (set by 1sammieann): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPaws4Bookswing from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Very enjoyable read! Read this on holiday and got through it very quickly - very easy to read and very simular to me - goes off on tangents frequently but always returns to the original point eventually!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPaws4Bookswing at another bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 11, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (8/11/2007 UTC) at another bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

sent via royal mail.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 13, 2007

This arrived today - I''ve just had to rescue it from my son''s bedroom to journal it- he says he''s been reading it .....he NEVER reads!!!

Looking forward to reading it & thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 12, 2008

I've finally got round to starting this...but I've left it at work to read in my lunch hour, (well, the 45 mins that pass for a lunch hour) & as I only work 3 days a week it might take me a while to read it!
Still as it's a fun, easy, read these breaks in reading aren't spoiling my enjoyment of it...I'll journal again when finished, whenever that maybe..... :o)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 15, 2008

This was a perfect book for reading in my lunch hours at work. Kay's writing style makes it so easy to just keep dipping into this book & reading a bit at a time. It's just like listening to him talk...unless I'm starting to read with a Lancashire accent (I hope not being a Yorkshire lass!)

If you've seen his Mum Want's A Bungalow show, you'll recognise alot of the anecdotes....great fun, & don't forget to look out for all the sidenotes :o)

Thanks for sharing ekranda!

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at Pearlesque Hairdressers in Barlestone, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, August 01, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (8/1/2008 UTC) at Pearlesque Hairdressers in Barlestone, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Posted today to help restock the OBCZ....so if you're hunting it, best give it a few days to get there! :o)

If you're reading this then you've found a travelling book!

And not only have you found a book (which I hope you'll enjoy!) but you've also found a whole community of booklovers who love to share their books not just with each other but with the world in general.

Please make a short journal entry to let us know the book is in safe hands & where you found it. This will keep it's unique history up to date & we can all follow it's travels around the bookloving world.

If you decide to join BookCrossing...(it's good fun!)...would you consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member?

Thank you & I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 7 by 1sammieann from not specified, not specified not specified on Sunday, September 21, 2008

I've only read the first page and i'm already loving it!

Journal Entry 8 by 1sammieann at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, September 29, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/29/2008 UTC) at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Not as good as I was expecting but still laugh out loud funny.
I love Peter Kay and all of his work but I can't help thinking that the book may have been a little over hyped.