corner corner The Three Musketeers ( US Cover w/o Red Ribbons )

The Three Musketeers ( US Cover w/o Red Ribbons )
by Alexandre Dumas père | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LJB-550032 on Saturday, August 04, 2007

status (set by LJB-550032): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LJB-550032 on Saturday, August 04, 2007

***NOTE***

While I am a writer who writes long when the spirit, and the subject, moves him you, dear fellow Journaler, aren''t required to put in anything but the bare minimum ( Where Caught, where re-released, or whatever other fate you have in store for the book, even a brief review ) ...BUT longer is permissible, and encouraged, IF you are so moved to do so by my own such entries.

***END NOTE***

Seen all the Movie versions, but never read the book, or were bored by it in school?

Here''s your chance!

The Best, most accurate English Translation, in a sturdy hardcover, from 2006, with an informative introduction by the translator Richard Pevear.

Journal Entry 2 by LJB-550032 at Velocity Cafe - corner of Lincoln & Pacific in Santa Monica, California USA on Saturday, August 04, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (8/5/2007 UTC) at Velocity Cafe - corner of Lincoln & Pacific in Santa Monica, California USA

Today I revisited a 66 mile bike ride I 1st took in 2002, along Pacific Coast Highway, and in the mountains above it, in the Malibu area along the SoCal Coast, north of Santa Monica.

I did it to finally add photos to a story I wrote for my BikeBlog ( I'll post a link to the updated story later in the week. )

I've taken the opportunity to do some truly "Wild" Releases. ;-D

This is #10.

The Velocity Cafe is an Official BookCrossing Zone managed by Gryffud! ;-D

I stopped by at 6pm only to discover that the place was actually closed on Sundays, despite what the website, and the OBCZ World Map info said.

I left the 3 books I brought with me, on a bench, and went to get a bite to eat. ( Click on Picture to Enlarge! ) ;-D

Journal Entry 3 by LJB-550032 on Monday, August 06, 2007

An hour after leaving the book, as described above, I returned to find it still there, so took it home to try again on Friday.

Journal Entry 4 by LJB-550032 at Velocity Cafe - corner of Lincoln & Pacific in Santa Monica, California USA on Thursday, August 09, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (8/11/2007 UTC) at Velocity Cafe - corner of Lincoln & Pacific in Santa Monica, California USA

UPDATE - FRIDAY 8/10/07

Ok, this time they are open! ;-D

I made sure. ;-D

I'll be there around 4pm. ;-D

I'll get an inside picture this time. ;-D

------------------------

Thank you for stopping by!!

It means you have somehow come into possession of this particular book! ;-D

This note is especially for those just discovering this wonderful community of bookworms.

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been found ( How, When, and Where. )

You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (It's free!).

If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by little ol' me, Sneakeasy.

I hope you enjoy the book, or enjoy releasing it back into the wild without reading it.

You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading.

Whenever you’re ready to release it once again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch ( In other words the how, when, and where of the Release. ).

Then watch its journey.

You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry.

It’s all confidential ( You’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address. ), free, and spam-free.