corner corner Dead Ends

Dead Ends
by Michael Reynolds | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by LeishaCamden of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 7/31/2007

status (set by Ghanescha): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeishaCamden from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Subtitle: 'The Pursuit, Conviction and Execution of Female Serial Killer Aileen Wuornos, the Damsel of Death'.

A book about Aileen Wuornos, obviously. Seems a little cheesy, but what can you do. I've read one book about her before and it's definitely an interesting case.

Copied from amazon.co.uk:
In December, 1989, Aileen Wuornos began a killing spree that, over the next 11 months, left ten white, middle-aged men dead. Encompassing the investigation, pursuit, trial and conviction of the first offically recognized woman serial killer in history, Dead Ends joins the ranks of today's best true crime titles. 8 pages of photos.

"I killed so many guys. Like, I feel guilty, you know?
Other times I'm happy. I feel good. Like a hero."

In 1989, Aileen Wournos cruised Florida's I-95 for strangers and free rides. By 1990, seven of the men who crossed her path met their fate at the end of her .22 caliber pistol. Convicted in six of the murders, she claimed self-defense, then in turn, blamed her ex-husband, her family, her lesbian lover, her defense team, the media, the Gulf War, and bum luck for the cold-blooded slayings.

What Compelled This Remorseless Drifter To Become The Rarest of Criminals - A Female Serial Killer?

Discovering the truth about the life and crimes of the death-row hooker would be maddening and unpredictable. But after her bizarre adoption by an enterprising born-again Christian, Aileen Wournos's fate would take another twist, erupting into one of the most highly publicized trials, convictions, and executions in the history of American crime.

I bought this book on amazon. Paperback copy from St Martin's.

Journal Entry 2 by LeishaCamden at Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 10, 2015

I've read this book, quite a while ago actually ... just haven't gotten around to journaling it. It was interesting enough for a true crime buff. A tragic story in so many ways.

Journal Entry 3 by LeishaCamden at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 10, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/11/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Releasing this as part of the book buffet at this year's BookCrossing convention! :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingGhaneschawing at Ramada Hotel in Stansted Airport, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/14/2015 UTC) at Ramada Hotel in Stansted Airport, Essex United Kingdom

"What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it."

J.D. Salinger