corner corner A Redbird Christmas: A Novel

A Redbird Christmas: A Novel
by fannie flagg | Literature & Fiction
Registered by DrSlump612 of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 7/30/2007

status (set by MINKULA): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by DrSlump612 from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Monday, July 30, 2007

RABCK to DoveiLibri - from wish list.

Journal Entry 2 by Dove-i-libri from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, August 02, 2007

Wow! This is a great surprise! Thank you so much! I'm putting it on my TBR mountain, so I'm not sure when it will finally be read, but I promise to make a journal entry and share the book when I'm done! Thanks so much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
November 8, 2007: This book was just moved to the short list. Well, actually, it's quite a HILL next to MOUNT To-Be-Read, but at least it's getting to see the light of day, and you will see a new journal entry sooner rather than later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nov. 10, 2007: Offered as a raffle to determine where this book will travel to next! See the following post: Link to Forum Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
November 17, 2007: Started reading this book today!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From Publishers Weekly: "... Lured by a brochure his doctor gives him after informing him that his emphysema has left him with scarcely a year to live, 52-year-old Oswald T. Campbell abandons wintry Chicago for Lost River, Ala., where he believes he'll be spending his last Christmas. Bestselling author Flagg (Fried Green Tomatoes, Standing in the Rainbow) makes this down-home story about good neighbors and the power of love sparkle with wit and humor, as she tells of Oswald's new life in a town with one grocery store and a resident cardinal (or redbird, as the natives call it.)"

(Copyright© Reed Business Information, All rights reserved.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released 11/23/2007 at A Local Post Office in Fort Myers, Florida USA. This was such a sweet book; Kind of predictable, but very enjoyable! Sent to 'Kobie03' in Canada today. She was the winner of our "Midnight on Thanksgiving" Raffle!!

Journal Entry 3 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Book arrived today, Thanks so much. The bookmarks were a sweet unexpected surprise and so lovely. I'll save this for holiday reading and wish you very Happy Holidays.

Journal Entry 4 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Loved this book, a warm small town story full of warm moments and the Christmas mircle.

Journal Entry 5 by kobie03 at Lewins Cove, Newfoundland -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (9/10/2008 UTC) at Lewins Cove, Newfoundland -- Controlled Releases

Sent to yorkshire-lass [Noticed this book on your wishlist] winner of Poobah's Smile Day RABCK. Enjoy

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How can I apologise enough!! I've just finished reading this and went to make a JE on it and couldn't find it on my shelf,I must have missed making a JE when it arrived with me,I feel so bad about this. Please forgive me kobie03, I didn't mean to be so rude, I can only think that when it arrived so many book were poping through my door that I somehow missed it,I am so,so sorry.
When I finished reading it about an hour ago, it left me with a warm glow inside,it was a wonderful book and I intend to offer it as a Christmas RABCK in the next few weeks.

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 01, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (12/1/2008 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

This is now on its hippolein who was a winner in my RABCK for Christmas competition. Hope you enjoy it hippolein.

Journal Entry 8 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, December 04, 2008

Wonderful looking Christmas book arrived today in Helsinki!
Thanks a lot yorkshire-lass for sending it all the way here and for the great postcard that came with it!
Now finding the time to read it, but guess it goes to my wife first ;-)

Journal Entry 9 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Great book to read just before the Christmas stress starts, finished it just before December starts. Small story with a very happy end, as you would expect from a Christmas story. Certainly a Fannie Flagg book worth reading, just as good as the other ones.
Now off to find a new reader for it ;)

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanks hippolein! I love Fannie Flagg <3

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Not great literature, of course, but a heart-warming story nevertheless. Good pre-holiday reading :)

Journal Entry 12 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, January 07, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/8/2013 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Annelis won this book in the 2013 Advent Calendar sweepstakes (Finnish forum). Happy reading!

Journal Entry 13 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Thank you for this nice book, Annimanni!

Journal Entry 14 by wingAnneliswing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 11, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/11/2013 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I started to read this book, but I soon found out that I already read it some time ago (in Swedish).
I took the book to a meet-up at Sokos and the book found a new fome.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 15 by toukokuu at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 11, 2013

"Author of Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" stood on the cover and that's why I took the book with me. Thanks for the book!

Journal Entry 16 by toukokuu at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 02, 2014

I read this during Christmas holiday and it was a heart-warming story to read. Oswald does what the doctor orders and moves to Lost River, a small town, and becomes part of the community. Patsy is a little crippled girl who loves to visit Jack, a tame redbird, and the community wants to give this girl the care she needs.

Journal Entry 17 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 10, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/10/2014 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I took this book to a local bc-meeting and the book found a new home. I hope you like this book, even if it's in English :)

Journal Entry 18 by MINKULA at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 10, 2014

Thanks for the book! :)