corner corner The Devil's Novice (Cadfael Chronicles)

The Devil's Novice (Cadfael Chronicles)
by Ellis Peters | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by AnnevO of Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 7/30/2007

status (set by lilthia): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, July 30, 2007

Outside the pale of the Abbey of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, in September of the year of our Lord 1140, a priestly emissary for King Stephen has been reported missing. But inside the pale, what troubles Brother Cadfael is a proud, secretive nineteen-year-old novice. Brother Cadfael has never seen two men more estranged than the Lord of Aspley and Meriet, the son he coldly delivers to the abbey to begin a religious vocation. Meriet, meek by day, is so racked by dreams at night that his howls earn him the nickname the Devil's Novice. Shunned and feared, Meriet is soon linked to the missing priest's dreadful fate. Only Brother Cadfael believes in Meriet's innocence, and only the good sleuth can uncover the truth before a boy's pure passion, not evil intent, leads a novice to the noose.

Journal Entry 2 by AnnevO at Station Schiedam-Centrum in Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (12/19/2007 UTC) at Station Schiedam-Centrum in Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Dit boek wordt ergens in het stationsgebouw losgelaten in het kader van de 3FM Serious Request actie.

Journal Entry 3 by lilthia on Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's the first bookcrossingbook I've ever found. I found it by almost sitting on it at the trainstation. I plan to make it my first release too, but not before I've read it.

CAUGHT IN SCHIEDAM ZUID-HOLLAND NETHERLANDS