corner corner Llednyl's Literary Quotes Journal

by BookCrossers (and their favorite writers) | Journals
Registered by Llednyl of Richwood, Ohio USA on 7/9/2007

status (set by Llednyl): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Llednyl from Richwood, Ohio USA on Monday, July 09, 2007

Whenever I read a passage in a book that I particularly like I copy it down in a journal to read later. Through the years I've collected many excerpts which I've identified with, that have provided inspiration, made me laugh or cry, or which simply contain beautiful words and phrasing. I also love to read quotes from books that other people have enjoyed, and I thought that there were probably some other bookcrossers who liked doing that as well. So, I present the Literary Quotes Journal bookring!

The quotes you include can be short or long, and can be from any genre (including non-fiction). Please hand-write them into the journal - unless you think your handwriting is totally illegible, of course! You may write more than one quote or passage in, but please limit your entries to three or four pages (and by that I mean entire pages, front and back) in order to save room. Be sure to include the title and author of the book(s) you're quoting as well as your bookcrossing screen name.

Participants:
sweetsangria
jessibud
reulte
CollegeLady
... and then back home to Llednyl <-- On its way home!

Journal Entry 2 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Journal arrived today, I'll make my entries tonight and send it on it's way.

Journal Entry 3 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Monday, August 06, 2007

have written my entries, The journal is on ita way to babydoll85.Thanks I enjoyed doing this.

Journal Entry 4 by babydoll85 on Thursday, September 13, 2007

It got hear safe and sound- many thanks to Llednyl and to Kobie03 for posting it to the UK :-)

Journal Entry 5 by babydoll85 on Monday, September 17, 2007

all done :-) will post on this afternoon.

Thanks again

Journal Entry 6 by NICNIC2 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Received today. It looks lovely - I love the animalia postcard Leah. Will write in it today and get it moving again.

Journal Entry 7 by NICNIC2 at By mail in A bookray, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (10/3/2007 UTC) at By mail in A bookray, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

On its way back across the pond to bluesneak in Georgia

Journal Entry 8 by bluesneak from Lawrenceville, Georgia USA on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's here!! I am so excited about this project and can't wait to see what everyone has written so far. When I first heard about this project, I was inspired to create my own personal quotes journal, so I've already got some in mind I'd like to add to this one. I'll journal again when it's ready to pass along.

Journal Entry 9 by bluesneak from Lawrenceville, Georgia USA on Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sorry for the delay! I put this in the mail to jayebirck yesterday. This was a really fun project, and I'm glad to have been included.

Journal Entry 10 by Jayebirck from Dallas, Texas USA on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Received the book yesterday. I will add my quotes and send this on ASAP. Thank you so much for including me.

Journal Entry 11 by Jayebirck from Dallas, Texas USA on Friday, December 28, 2007

on its way to the next NMReader. Sorry for the delay, but surgery really took a toll on me, both energy wise and monetarily. Enjoy the quotes! Thanks for letting me participate!

Journal Entry 12 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Arrived today. Looking forward to reading and adding my entries.

Journal Entry 13 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Great quotes. I have made a list of a few authors and books to read.

I have included some favorites. I would love to spend more time on this but I have had for a month.

I did learn something new. A quote often attributed to Emerson was actually written by a lady in respsonse to a magazine contest. So here is another quote to cover this situation: "Misquotation is, in fact, the pride and privilege of the learned. A widely- read man never quotes accurately, for the rather obvious reason that he has read too widely." Hesketh Pearson

and

"I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself." Marlene Dietrich

and obviously I do not agree with "I hate quotations." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love quotations and I have throughly enjoyed reading others favorites and sharing some of my own. I would love to see the journal when complete or to add some additional quotes later.

Thanks
PS None of these quotations are in the journal.

Journal Entry 14 by NMReader at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (2/6/2008 UTC) at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Will mail over lunch today.

2/10/08 Update
I was unable to mail until yesterday 2/9/08. The delivery confirmation # is 0307 1790 0000 4608 7860.

Journal Entry 15 by sweetsangria from Clackamas, Oregon USA on Saturday, February 16, 2008

This arrived today. I loved looking over all the entries. There are some great quotes in here. I will pass it along next week. Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

Journal Entry 16 by sweetsangria from Clackamas, Oregon USA on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

lovelovebooks and satnam asked to be skipped. No response from kittyscastle. Mailed to jessibud today. 3/4/08

Journal Entry 17 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 17, 2008

It's here!
This lovely book arrived today and I will take a little time to read through and savour all the quotes before adding my own selections.

Thanks for including me in this bookring. What a great idea it is!

I probably won't begin to add my quotes until after the long weekend as I will be out of town and will leave this book safely on my nighttable until I return

Journal Entry 18 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I've finished my pages and I have reulte's address, so this lovely little journal will be in the mail, hopefully before the end of the week.

I hope you will forgive me, Llednyl, but I used 2 more pages than you had initially asked us to use. Since there is only one person after me, before it returns home to you, and since the book has a good 7/8 of it still to fill, I did not feel too guilty about *hogging* pages; there are plenty left! Besides, my writing is a bit big and I just had such a hard time choosing my favourite passages; there are SOOOO many!

Thank you again for the chance to join this. It will be a lovely collection for you when it comes home!

Journal Entry 19 by reulte from San Antonio, Texas USA on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sorry for delaying journaling -- I thought I had!

I really enjoyed the quotes and seeing what type of reading other people enjoy. This has given me a few ideas for new books to read.

I will be emailing and sending the book off within a week.

Journal Entry 20 by CollegeLady from La Mesa, California USA on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This just arrived in the mail. I won't be able to read and choose my quotes until later next week. I'm working/teaching and the next several days will be quite busy. I'll get read, added to and sent on as soon as I can!

Journal Entry 21 by CollegeLady from La Mesa, California USA on Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sent to Llednyl 8/28/08 (I misplaced the receipt... sorry for the delay in journaling). Tracking number: 9102805213907660998612

Journal Entry 22 by Llednyl from Richwood, Ohio USA on Saturday, September 06, 2008

Arrived back home today! I want to thank everyone so much for making this a success. I've just read through the entire journal - the quotes are wonderful, wise, funny, and beautiful, and I'm so very touched by the whole thing. I'm not sure what's next for this book as there's still a lot of room left, but I look forward to having it filled eventually.

I am going to come up with a way for you all to see everyone's pages and quotes - I was thinking of taking pictures and putting them on a website. I'll keep you updated on that.

P.S. Thank-you to whomever put the lovely bookmark in the back!