corner corner Fawlty Towers 3 (BBC Radio Presents)

Fawlty Towers 3 (BBC Radio Presents)
by John Cleese and Connie Booth | Audiobooks
Registered by NMReader of Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, July 08, 2007

status (set by imawinn2): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, July 08, 2007

The hilarity continues.

From Our Editors
Ready for another hilarious stay at the infamous Torquay Hotel? With Basil Fawlty in charge, everything bound to go wrong -- does! Join John Cleese, Prunella Scales, Andrew Sachs, and Connie Booth for four more classic episodes from the original BBC television series, Fawlty Towers. Whether he's trying to attract a better class of clientele or endeavoring to surprise his wife Sybil on their wedding anniversary, Basil's best laid plans have a way of backfiring. In these four episodes, there's a psychiatrist who appears to be obsessed with sex, a glut of boorish young men, and a nice French lady who seems rather taken with Basil! You can always bet that chaos is just around the corner at Fawlty Towers. Running time 120 minutes.2 cassettes.

Journal Entry 2 by NMReader at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 08, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (7/8/2007 UTC) at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I am releasing this to Batty14's Audio Bookbox. I will mail this afternoon

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I absolutely LOVED the show! I grew up on Monty Python and Fawlty Towers (which probably explains my sense of humor today, LOL). How incredibly wonderful to see this in the bookbox today! I grabbed them immediately and really look forward to listening to them. Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Monday, November 24, 2008

I enjoyed this, though not as much as Volume 2, just because these episodes weren't as funny/memorable to me. These episodes deal more with Basil's interactions with various guests and his characteristics of wanting to always seem in charge of a situation.

A Touch of Class- I really loved this one, especially since it's classic Basil humor!

The Anniversary- Aw, I felt so sorry for Sybil the whole time. A good example of why Basil should always just stick to the truth (imagine!)

The Psychiatrist- Not nearly as funny without the visuals, I must say. Nothing particularly uniquely funny to this episode.

The Wedding Party- I liked the Polly moments most. But, again, I think seeing it is more effective than listening to this one.

Whether laugh-out-loud funnny or just so-so it's still always fantastic to visit Fawlty Towers :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, January 23, 2009

Adding this to my bookbox ray: Earreading Audiobooks on Cassette Bookbox #1

I hope whoever finds it, enjoys it!

Journal Entry 6 by Mikavr from Asheville, North Carolina USA on Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm taking this out of Katekintail's Cassette Audio Book Box Ray! Thank you Kate!

PS I wonder if these two tapes will continue to travel together, like a pair of inseperable siblings?

Journal Entry 7 by Mikavr at Asheville, North Carolina USA on Friday, September 04, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (9/5/2009 UTC) at Asheville, North Carolina USA

This is going in MyssCyn's Audio Box. Safe travels!

Journal Entry 8 by wingMyssCynwing from San Antonio, Texas USA on Saturday, November 07, 2009

Came to me in my audio bookbox.
Can't stand Monty Python so this one will continue its journey.

Journal Entry 9 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, March 06, 2010

Taking from MissCyn's audiobox

Journal Entry 10 by askmargaret from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I expected more from this.

Journal Entry 11 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, February 21, 2011

This is going into the Audio Bookbox Ray. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 12 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Monday, April 30, 2012

Picked this out of @Earreading Audiobooks on Cassette Bookbox. Thanks for sharing!