corner corner Drowned Wednesday (The Keys to the Kingdom)

Drowned Wednesday (The Keys to the Kingdom)
by Garth Nix | Children's Books
Registered by vampirequeen of Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on 7/6/2007

status (set by Mochagirl): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, July 06, 2007

Third book in the "Keys to the Kingdom" series. Haven't read this one so can't tell you what it's about. But I guess its Arthur trying to get the third part of The Will.

Journal Entry 2 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, March 27, 2008

My first bookring/spiral. Monday and Tuesday already going round.
LeishaCamden
KiwiinEngland
Mochagirl
-Back to me if no-one else wants to join.

Journal Entry 3 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, April 04, 2008

Right, sent off to LeishaCamden 2 days ago.
Again, apologies, apprently I don't do organised.But, has gone now, so should be goin round well.

Journal Entry 4 by LeishaCamden from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 04, 2008

This arrived in the mail today - another instalment of the saga of Arthur Penhaligon. :-) Am really looking forward to this as I enjoyed the previous book a lot. I have three rings & rays ahead of this (they travel in packs!) but will get to it as soon as I can.

I'll journal again when I've read the book.

Journal Entry 5 by LeishaCamden from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, May 11, 2008

Started reading this yesterday.

Adventure on the high seas!! :-D

Journal Entry 6 by LeishaCamden from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, May 26, 2008

Book is read, finished it on May 19th.

Yes, vampirequeen, this is Arthur trying to get the third part of the Will. :-D And what adventures he does encounter! :-D

This was maybe the most action-packed book yet. Hardly a moment's peace. It almost got so I thought it was a little much. Poor Arthur, he must be getting so exhausted with all this - and there's still four books to go! - not to mention his friend Leaf who got dragged into the House at the beginning of this book. At the end of it she's less interested in having adventures ... ;-)

This was an entertaining read, a real pageturner ... again, obviously not intended for adult readers, but an original and well-written fantasy story for all that. The originality of this is perhaps its greatest strength. A book well worth reading.

I will definitely have to get hold of the rest of this series!

I'll be sending the book on to KiwiinEngland this week.

Thanks for sharing, vampirequeen!!

Journal Entry 7 by LeishaCamden at To the next reader in By mail, Book Spiral -- Controlled Releases on Monday, June 02, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/2/2008 UTC) at To the next reader in By mail, Book Spiral -- Controlled Releases

Got Kiwi's new address last night, so now the book's on its way to Ireland (along with a little extra something - hope you like chocolate! ;-).

Happy reading!!

Journal Entry 8 by kiwiinengland from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, June 08, 2008

Book arrived safely and is right now being read (having left three half read books to linger a little longer).

The chocolate was speedily devoured - thank you for that extra special treat! :)

Journal Entry 9 by kiwiinengland from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, June 15, 2008

As LeishaCamden stated - this book was action from cover to cover.

Arthur seems to be growing a little in his reactions to life, without it being shoved down your throat. I loved the way each part of the house is totally different from the rest, and this nautical story with talking rats and pirates was great.

At this stage you know that Arthur is going to have success in getting the key (after all there are four more books in the series), but the way he achieves the retrival of the keys is great.

Again the way words are used to invoke the pace of the story was fabulous.

Journal Entry 10 by kiwiinengland at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, August 17, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (8/16/2008 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Posted on, sorry for the delay but life just got away on me.

Hope you enjoy reading this on Mochagirl!!

Journal Entry 11 by Mochagirl from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, September 01, 2008

Yay! this arrived while I was away for a couple of weeks, but I'll get it read and moved on pretty quickly this time.