corner corner Someone at a Distance

by DOROTHY WHIPPLE | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 7/2/2007

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Monday, July 02, 2007

I came across an article on the internet about once celebrated (but no longer published) female writers from the first half of the twentieth century. The article mentioned Persephone publishers and this novel by Dorothy Whipple. I decided to give Persephone and Dorothy a go... it is a beautiful book so I hope all goes well :-)

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Monday, August 13, 2007

This was a very interesting read. I do not often read novels written in the early to mid twentieth centuries as I tend to find them hard-going. This was a fascinating insight into the morals and social conventions of post-war England. I quite enjoyed it.

I will give this to my mother to read since she might enjoy it. I will then send it into the wild for someone else to discover.

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (6/3/2009 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

To the Finder of this Book-

Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!). Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!