corner corner Shadows in Bronze

Shadows in Bronze
by Lindsey Davis | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingraeliz64wing of Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 6/29/2007

status (set by levi4amelia): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingraeliz64wing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, June 29, 2007

"Marcus Didius Falco takes to the streets of Ancient Rome once more, this time as a private investigator for the Emperor Vespasian himself. He is put on the trail of a villain who means to depose the Emperor."

Another fun read in the Falco series.
This book has a different cover to the one shown.

Journal Entry 2 by wingraeliz64wing at -- Leicester City Centre in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (7/10/2007 UTC) at -- Leicester City Centre in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Left on the sportman statue near the Clock Tower.

Journal Entry 3 by cherryprincess on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I caught this book at 9am this morning on my way to work. I got excited as this is my first caught book :D It was on the sports statue on Gallowtree Gate (as noted by the sender)...it was amazing all of the people not taking the time to notice it.

At work I read the first few chapters to find it rather interested, alot more so than the blurb on the back. I plan on reading the book (I should complete it within a few weeks) and then pass it on to my husband (who can read it in 2 days). From then on I shall send the book back out into the world and hope a book loving soul finds it.

So for the mean time I shall read it and when i'm ready to send it back out I will post another message to let you all know :) But I thought I should mention it is safe and appreciated.

Journal Entry 4 by cherryprincess on Thursday, July 26, 2007

'Marcus Didius Falco, now Imperial Agent to Emporer Vespasian, has not been resting on his laurels. Tidying up corpses, kicking over the traces of a failed coup, making a bit on the side in stolen lead ingots - it's all in a day's work for an ex-private eye.

But a new plot to usurp the purple robes of power puts Falco on the back of a mule with a one-way ticket down the Appian Way - bumping into trouble, treason and Helena Justina, a senator's daughter he's trying hard to forget.

Not exactly what his mother had in mind - a Palace job with plenty of clean togas'.

This was taken from the blurb on the back of the book. I have since read the book and am now offering it to people.

The book itself is not that bad, better than I was expecting. It's like a Patricia Cornwell(ish) book based in Rome AD 71. Great for a mystery/thriller that's a little different to what your used to.

Journal Entry 5 by levi4amelia from not specified, not specified not specified on Thursday, December 04, 2008

i have not read this but brought it in a bundle from some off gumtree