corner corner The Brief History of the Dead

The Brief History of the Dead
by Kevin Brockmeier | Literature & Fiction
Registered by chocolatemummy of Lewisham, Greater London United Kingdom on 6/17/2007

status (set by tamaranth): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by chocolatemummy from Lewisham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, June 17, 2007

Great book, inspired idea. Laura is alone in Antartic while thousands of people are vanishing from the no-mans land between life and death - where you stay until no one alive can remember you. The inhabitants of this city try to work out what is happening as she battles to stay alive.

Journal Entry 2 by chocolatemummy from Lewisham, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, June 18, 2007

Sending as RABCK

Journal Entry 3 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thanks, recieved in the post today.

Journal Entry 4 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Sunday, February 17, 2008

Read as part of the Reduce My TBR Challenge 2008.

I really loved this book, and loved the idea of what happens to us when we die. However, two chapters I just hated, the one about the man with the sign, and the final journey of Laura was over long and boring!

Another great reason not to drink Coke!

Journal Entry 5 by Safrolistics at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (3/5/2008 UTC) at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This book has been mooched......enjoy!

released as part of the Keep It Moving 2008 challenge.

Journal Entry 6 by tamaranth at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, March 10, 2012

Marvellous writing, and a profound philosophical exercise. Acquired because I love books about Antarctica: finally read!
My review here:

Now releasing at a Cambridge Carbon Footprint bookswap ...