corner corner The Morning After

Registered by etmandm of Canton, Georgia USA on Tuesday, June 12, 2007

status (set by Donduckandy): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by etmandm from Canton, Georgia USA on Tuesday, June 12, 2007

From Publishers Weekly
Slowly waking from a drugged sleep, a woman realizes she's not in her own bed but in a closed coffin, lying on top of a cold, reeking dead body. Thuds resonate on the lidâ€"dirt and stones being shoveled on topâ€"bringing the sure knowledge she's being buried alive. From this bone-chilling, if melodramatic, opening image, Jackson skillfully crafts a horrific thriller about an elusive serial killer dubbed The Grave Robber. Seeing the high-profile murders as her ticket out of small-town Savannah, ambitious reporter Nikki Gillette latches onto the case and onto lead investigator Pierce Reed. Tough-guy police detective Pierce initially sees Nikki's dogged investigations as a mere irritantâ€"until evidence turns up indicating that the killer may see Nikki as his prey. Meanwhile, tension and unease mount for Nikki as secret ties among the attractive Pierce, whom she may be falling for, the killer and the victims start coming to light. As in Jackson's previous offering, The Night Before, this psychological thriller has a beautifully conceived plot full of unexpected twists and provocative misleads, as well as sophisticated character development. Not even the sadistic murderer is one-dimensionally evil, and the protagonists display delicious depths.

Journal Entry 2 by etmandm at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 13, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (8/13/2007 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

left in the book shelf.

Journal Entry 3 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 13, 2007

I haven''t read anything by this author, so I can''t wait to read it! I got this from the bookshelf at Soho bagel.

Journal Entry 4 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I haven't read anything by Lisa Jackson before, and I really liked this book. I figured out "who-done-it" about two thirds through, but still wanted to see how it ended. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I am putting this into Carlissa's Mystery/Thriller bookbox!

Journal Entry 6 by Donduckandy from Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Taken from Carlissa's Mystery/Thriller bookbox! Never read anything by Lisa Jackson. But this looks a goodie! Thanks for passing this book along.

Journal Entry 7 by Donduckandy from Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, March 01, 2010

A really scary story, but very good. Passing this to my daughter Sue. Then its coming back for the Timetraveling bookbox.