corner corner Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas
by Dean Koontz | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 6/11/2007

status (set by miss-priss): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Monday, June 11, 2007

Bought off a library sale shelf, but it's in good condition.

Not one of my absolute favorite Dean Koontz books, but one I enjoyed.

It seemed familiar to me, like a half dozen programs on television about people who see ghosts. It reminded me a lot of Ghost Whisperer with some of Dead Like Me Thrown in.

Still, I really enjoyed it. Dean Koontz made Odd Thomas (yes, that is his actual name) a fascinating character who works both within the legal system and outside of it. He reminds me a bit of his Christopher Snow character (who I love more, to be honest) but Odd Thomas and his story most certainly stand on their own. The ending was predictable but still a shock.

The story has everything- the truly evil, a desire to save lives, stuggles with morality, an unfolding mystery, supernatural elements (from ghosts to time variations), true love, and Elvis. Can't have a wonderful story without Elvis, can you?

I plan to start the sequel 'Forever Odd' tomorrow.

His account of these shattering hours, in which past and present, fate and destiny converge, is a testament by which to live- an unforgettable fable for our time destined to rank among Dean Koontz's most enduring works.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 14, 2007

At chapter two, I found a ticket stub to a Colorado Rokies vs Texas Rangers game. Section 119, Row 22, Seat 9 :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 14, 2007

I hope you enjoy this book :-)
Released for the Never Judge a Book by its Cover Challenge- week 23(double letters in title)

RAY IT FORWARD!
Please journal this book when you get it, and then read it in a timely manner (don't put it all the way at the bottom of your TBR pile, but feel free to take your time with it). When you're finished reading, please make another journal entry with your thoughts. Then find another BookCrosser who'd like to read this and Ray it Forward to him/her with the same guidelines.

Journal Entry 4 by efs300 from Bedford, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, August 09, 2007

Received this book a while back. I got it for my wife who was looking for a book to read over the summer and she has read and enjoyed several other Koontz books. But alas it was a little too ''supernatural'' for her. Personally Odd Thomas is one of my favorite Koontz books. I have read the other 2 books in this trilogy as well. Off to find someone to Ray this book forward.

Journal Entry 5 by efs300 from Bedford, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mailing tomorrow to miss-priss. USPS Media Mail DC# 0306 3030 0003 4449 8313

Journal Entry 6 by miss-priss from Chattanooga, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Received in trade from efs300! Thanks!!