corner corner Beneath the Skin

Beneath the Skin
by Nicci French | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Sterile of Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on 6/10/2007

status (set by whirl): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 10, 2007

Zoe, a pretty blonde schoolteacher. Jenny, a former hand model turned model wife and mother. Nadia, an irrepressible free spirit who entertains at children's parties. Three women living in different parts of London, grappling with different problems, sheltering different dreams--their lives and narratives linked only by the singular madness of a sadistic stalker. As they move slowly through the sweltering heat of summer, someone is sending these women letters that let each know she is being watched, studied and loved from afar--even unto death

Journal Entry 2 by Sterile at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, November 29, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (11/29/2007 UTC) at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

RABCK To Madmadge. 2nd Class 30th November 2007

Journal Entry 3 by madmadge from Alderholt, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It's lovely to find a book waiting when I get home from work and it's so kind of Sterile to send this book to me. I loved Secret Smile and just rattled through so I'm very grateful and can't wait to read this one. I will make sure it goes to another Bookcrosser when I'm done. Thank you so much Sterile.

Journal Entry 4 by madmadge from Alderholt, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 04, 2008

Nicci French and I got along fine with this one - it was equally as gripping as Secret Smile and kept me on the edge of my seat again. Her characters are so believable but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone of a nervous disposition! It's off on a RABCK in the next couple of days to be enjoyed by another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 5 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Thursday, January 10, 2008

i just received the book! Thank you so much madmadge for sending it and also thank you for the postcard included! I'll try to read it soon!

Journal Entry 6 by pepita-di-Corfu at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, January 26, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (1/28/2008 UTC) at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

ok, i have to say that i'm scared sh**less of any kind of thriller or mystery thing. I always say that ever since people invented this kind of literature or movies, it was when all the cruelty began in the world. I mean, grandparents used to walk in the woods at night without any fear that someone was hiding behind bushes ready to attack. Now just the thought of it spooks the hell out of me! Thus, i prefer to live in my unawareness. I'm sending the book off to Ireland, where it'll meet with whirl who is waiting for it, after she picked it up from my tbr pile. This way Ireland will become red in my personal lifelong challenge's map. Enjoy reading!

The book is also taking part in another challenge. This one's charbono's Around the World Challenge 2008. It's goal is to fill the world with books and make it the biggest library! You can visit the link given in the post and see everything about past and present of the challenge.

Journal Entry 7 by whirl from Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thank you so much pepita-di-Corfu! Even though I was expecting the book, I still did a little dance when I actually found the book in my mailbox - you made my day :-) I'm fairly new to bookcrossing and still trying to find my way around, but such generosity from fellow bookcrossers ensures I'm already hooked! Thank you! I will read the book soon and pass it on to someone else and hopefully make them as happy as you made me!

Journal Entry 8 by whirl from Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, May 02, 2008

I just finished reading this, and I really enjoyed it! Very well written, and there is something very different about it that distinguishes it from all other thrillers I've read recently. It almost feels like I've actually met the people in the book :-)

I will try to release the book again soon!

Journal Entry 9 by whirl at Burdock's in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, July 17, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (7/17/2008 UTC) at Burdock's in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

I will release this book near Burdock's on Werburgh St in about half an hour to celebrate

1) Somebody gave me wings for a month!!
2) My first (research) paper was accepted for publication this week! So I'm now officially a writer (of sorts ;-)

So there, that calls for lots of released books to celebrate :-)

(edit: had to change my plan because it started to rain and couldn't leave this book outside.. it's nice and safe inside now, on the stairs of a nearby building)

-------------------------------

If you've found this book, then welcome to bookcrossing! This book is now officially yours, so feel free to do with it as you please: read it, or not, keep it, pass it on to a friend, or leave it in a random place for a random stranger to find :-) - above all: have fun!