corner corner The Secret

The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by UbSiA of Norderstedt, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on 6/5/2007

status (set by LeBomb): available

Journal Entry 1 by UbSiA from Norderstedt, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life-transforming for all who experience it.
In this book, you'll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life - money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You'll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that's within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.
The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers - men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible."

Read as part of the 1 Year = 1 Country Challenge for Australia.

"The author Rhonda Byrne, like each of us, has been on her own journey of discovery. Along the way, she brought together a superb team of authors, ministers, teachers, filmmakers, designers, and publishers to bring forth The Secret to the world, and through her vision, bring joy to millions."

--> "You hold in your hands a Great Secret..."
"It has been passed down through the ages, highly coveted, hidden, lost, stolen, and bought for vast sums of money. This centuries-old Secret has been understood by some of the most prominent people in history: Plato, Galileo, Beethoven, Edison, Carnegie, Einstein - along with other inventors, theologians, scientists, and great thinkers. Now The Secret is being revealed to the world."

I bought this book during my stay in Melbourne, Australia.

13/07/2007: I finished this book last night and must say that it couldn't catch up with my expectations. I found that many things I read in this book, I had read before in Louise L. Hay's You can heal your Life and many other publications. Rhonda Byrne claims that The Secret is the first book revealing this secret... This is definitely not true, there were many books out there before this one was published, and the worst: She is citing some of these earlier publications... I'm really disappointed! But still, I think that this book can teach people, especially if they havn't read any of the similar publications. For now this one is going into my PC.

30/11/2007: Since I will be leaving Australia in a couple of days, I decided to set this book free - the weight of books simply adds up too fast and I don't feel like paying, because my luggage is too heavy.

Journal Entry 2 by UbSiA at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Thursday, November 29, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (11/29/2007 UTC) at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

will leave this one on the OBCZ bookshelf

Journal Entry 3 by LeBomb on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I agree with your comments. Still useful for those who have not discovered such "secrets" before.