corner corner Aboriginal Myths, Legends and Fables

Aboriginal Myths, Legends and Fables
by A.W. Reed | Other
Registered by UbSiA of Norderstedt, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on 6/5/2007

status (set by LordChao): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by UbSiA from Norderstedt, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The back blurb:
"Aboriginal Myths, Legends & Fables presents a wealth of poetic and imaginative tales from Aboriginal cultural heritage. While retelling the stories simply, this book captures the mystical bonds that exist between Aboriginal people, their environment and the spirit life of the Dreamtime. Each story provides the reader with fascinating beliefs of one of the oldest living cultures on earth."

→ I bought this book during my stay in Melbourne, Australia, because I always thought Aboriginal tales to be really interesting and wanted to read more of them. I'm curious what is waiting for me.

30/11/2007: As much as I've been looking forward to this book with all the little stories, I am disappointed now. I just couldn't get into the authors writing style and quite a few tales are similar to one another so in my opinion it's not a very exciting read. But maybe someone else can relate better to these stories...

Read as part of the 1 Year = 1 Country Challenge for New Zealand.

Journal Entry 2 by UbSiA at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Thursday, November 29, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (11/29/2007 UTC) at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

to be left on the OBCZ bookshelf

Journal Entry 3 by LordChao from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, December 02, 2007

Let's see if I like it a bit more than the good soul that left it in the Kaleidoscope.