corner corner Heiress For Hire

Heiress For Hire
by Erin McCarthy | Women's Fiction
Registered by americanmuse of Jackson, Mississippi USA on Monday, June 04, 2007

status (set by Breeze144): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by americanmuse from Jackson, Mississippi USA on Monday, June 04, 2007

Cute book..going on to Cherie Pie from my "do you want these books?" over at bookobsessed.

I don't really consider this is women's function..but i define that differenlty..I guess kind of chick lit but kind of not.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thanks musie!! ::hug::

I've got the first in this author's Vegas Vampires series on Mt. TBR, but I wanted to acquire a few more "chick lit" stuff to decide if I like the genre or not. :)

Basically, I'm a freaky paranormal & urban fantasy, hold the romance but bring on the steamy sex, kinda gal. :P

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, October 22, 2007

Amanda Delmar is a 26 year old Chicgo socialite and heiress to a multi-million dollar company. She'd been living the good life back in Chicago, with her dad footing the bill for everything from her apartment and huge closetful of designer clothes, to her luxury trips around the world and all her day-to-day living expenses. With all her parties and superficial friends, she was the epitome of FAKE! But when her Dad suddenly cuts off her money supply, the life lessons she learns are the most valuable ones of her life.

Going in, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this book since I'm still deciding whether or not I like chick lit. :-P A few of the chick lit books I've read, Jennifer Crusie for instance, read much too romance-y for my liking. This book however, wasn't too sugary at all and I'm glad I gave it a chance. :-) It had a great deal of humour and a number of laugh out loud moments. And I should've known as soon as I saw her refer to someplace as "East Bum Fuck", a term I use quite often myself, that I'd really relate well to this author. LOL

This is now reserved for Breeze, promised to her from the Sizzling Summer Sweeps back in July. (I was the actual winner, but she was the Decoy.) :D

Journal Entry 4 by CheriePie at BookObsessed Sweepstakes in USPS First Class International, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (10/23/2007 UTC) at BookObsessed Sweepstakes in USPS First Class International, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Breeze, who was the Decoy in the BookObsessed Sizzling Summer Sweeps. I was the winner. :)

Sorry this took so long. I wanted to read it first and I'm glad I did, as you can see by my review above. :)

Journal Entry 5 by Breeze144 from Ajax, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 29, 2007

Arrived today!

Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by Breeze144 at Bookmooch.com in Via Post, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (4/15/2008 UTC) at Bookmooch.com in Via Post, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Decided this book would lounge on my shelf for far too long so I sent it off to a potential new bookcrosser via bookmooch.com!