corner corner @LGBT Bookbox 2008

@LGBT Bookbox 2008
by Various | Gay & Lesbian
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 5/29/2007

status (set by KateKintail): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A US-only bookbox circulated for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered literature. Includes LGBT authors, themes, characters of any genre.

Order of Participants:
KateKintail (VA)
GoryDetails (NH)
kanaye44 (CT)
laevina (NY)
Scoobs-buddy (KY)
ealasaidmae (WV)
KateKintail (VA)<--box is back home!

Rules:
1. When you receive the box, make a journal entry for THIS BCID to let us know it's safe & sound with you.
2. Take some books out of the box, and put the same number of (or more) books back in.
3. PM the next person in the list above for his/her address.
4. Right before sending it out, please make another JOURNAL ENTRY(not release notes!) here stating what you took out and what you put in, so we can keep track of the box's contents.
5. Send the box along (Media Mail is fine, though you can send it faster if you want, and I'd recommend getting Delivery Confirmation since it's less than a dollar in cost and will help you keep track of it if it gets lost, but I'm going to make that optional).
6. If you need to be skipped for whatever reason let the person who PMed you know. I can add you back at the end of the list if you'd like.
7. Be kind and respectful- keep the box moving (don't sit and read all the books- that's not how a bookbox works).

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Books added:
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
Naked by David Sedaris & Audio Book version of Naked
Openly Bob by Bob Smith
OtherWorld by Sarah Dreher

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, July 11, 2008

Sent out to GoryDetails today!

DC# 03073330000169706194

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, July 14, 2008

The box arrived safely today; many thanks! As soon as I finish picking up all the little foam peanuts that fell out when I opened the box {grin}, I'll start making my selections. Have PMed kanaye44 for an address, and should be able to move the box along in a couple of days...

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

OK! I've made my choices, and will mail the book out to kanaye44 in Connecticut this afternoon.

I'm taking:

The Gay Cookbook
The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays
Middlesex
Cell

And I'm adding:

The Men of Fire Island Present... Hot Cookin'
The God Eaters
Rode Hard, Put Away Wet
Hope Springs Eternal
In The Blood

[As you may have noticed, I'm using this opportunity to pass along a few books that would be rather tricky to wild-release {grin}.]

Thanks for the bookbox!

Later: mailed as planned. Delivery confirmation number: 03080660000156345456 (can be tracked on the USPS site here

Journal Entry 6 by kanaye44 from Norwich, Connecticut USA on Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I got this! I am so excited! Ill send it out by the end of the week.

Journal Entry 7 by kanaye44 from Norwich, Connecticut USA on Sunday, August 03, 2008

Taking out:
Lord John and the Private Matter
The God Eaters (Thanks so muh for this! It was on my wishlist, and now I got it!)
In The Blood

Putting in:
Bound In Blood: The Erotic Journey of a Vampire by David Thomas Lord
Pleasure Dome by Minami Megumi (Yaoi is ok, right?)
Kept Boy by Robert Rodi
Trust Fund Boys by Rob Byrnes

Journal Entry 8 by kanaye44 from Norwich, Connecticut USA on Monday, August 04, 2008

Sent this to Laevina not even 1/2 hour ago. Hope it finds you well.

I forgot to get a delivery conformation! Gah, Im sorry.

Journal Entry 9 by laevina from Denver, Colorado USA on Friday, August 22, 2008

Received box today!

Journal Entry 10 by laevina from Denver, Colorado USA on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Books added:
Swordspoint

Box off to Scoobs-buddy

Journal Entry 11 by rem_XDP-320934 on Friday, September 12, 2008

Looking forward to going through the box later- thanks!

I'm taking out-

Fratsex/Greg Herren
911/Chris Owen
Boston Boys Club/Johnny Diaz
Changing Pitches/Steve Kluger

Journal Entry 12 by rem_XDP-320934 at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/16/2008 UTC) at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

off to ealasaidmae

usps dc- 0306 3030 0002 5606 4675

Journal Entry 13 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Friday, September 19, 2008

It's here!

Journal Entry 14 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Sunday, September 21, 2008

I love it when a bookbox comes on a Friday. Is there any better way to spend a weekend? I'll be taking out these:

Hope Springs Eternal by Edward Phillips
The Palace of Varieties by James Lear
Pleasure Dome by Megumu Minami
Dress Your Family in Corduroy & Denim by David Sedaris

and replacing them with these:

Blood Sisters edited by Bianca de Moss
The Penguin Book of International Gay Writing edited by Mark Mitchell
Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman
Aimee & Jaguar by Erica Fischer

Thanks for doing this, KateKintail! This should be on its way home to you tomorrow.

Journal Entry 15 by ealasaidmae at St. Albans, West Virginia USA on Monday, September 22, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/22/2008 UTC) at St. Albans, West Virginia USA

On its way home! Deliver conf# 0307 1790 0004 4704 9375

Journal Entry 16 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 27, 2008

The eagle has landed! The box is back home with me, safe and sound. There are a few books I put in there that returned to me :-( but it was a small ring so that's to be expected I suppose. I really hope everyone had fun during his/her leg and is enjoying some new books! Thank you all for making this bookbox such a success!

I shall journal all the books in the box tomorrow when I get home from Washington DC and the National Book Festival. BC in DC will be meeting up with the local Library Thing group. I look forward to seeing some authors speak at the festival and releasing 50 (very heavy) books throughout the day.

Looks like quite a few lovely books in the box that I look forward to reading and a few I shall be offering up on the LGBT BookRelay or wild releasing next weekend when I go back into DC to volunteer at the Washington DC AIDS Walk.

Thanks again, all! Happy reading!
(A few people have already PMed me about a round 2. I may do one down the road after I've had a chance to read a BUNCH from my TBR pile. If you're interested in round 2, let me know and I'll PM you in the future)