corner corner A Romance of Billy-Goat Hill

Registered by LJB-550032 on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

status (set by Toxicgrin): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LJB-550032 on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

***NOTE***

While I am a writer who writes long when the spirit, and the subject, moves him you, dear fellow Journaler, aren't required to put in anything but the bare minimum ( Where Caught, where re-released, or whatever other fate you have in store for the book, even a brief review ) ...BUT longer is permissible, and encouraged, IF you are so moved to do so by my own such entries.

***END NOTE***

A RESURRECTION PROJECT RESCUE EFFORT! ( See My Profile for More Info. ) ;-D

THIS IS THE 100TH BOOK REGISTERED BY ME SINCE I JOINED THE BOOKCROSSING COMMUNITY ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 27TH, 2005!! ;-D

Rescued from a Goodwill, in Santa Ana, CA., in May 2007.

A Hardcover 1st Edtion, published in October 1912, by The Century Bo. Publishers. ( Click on Picture to Enlarge! )

It includes 8 wonderful black & white illustrations by George Wright.

This copy is in excellent health for a 94 1/2 year old. ;-D

Journal Entry 2 by LJB-550032 at Chapman Coffee House OBCZ - 505 North Glassell in Orange, California USA on Sunday, July 08, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (7/8/2007 UTC) at Chapman Coffee House OBCZ - 505 North Glassell in Orange, California USA

Being added to the Official Shelf for new readers to discover an old book. ;-D

----------------------------

Thank you for stopping by!!

It means you have somehow come into possession of this particular book! ;-D

This note is especially for those just discovering this wonderful community of bookworms.

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been found ( How, When, and Where. )

You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (It's free!).

If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by little ol' me, Sneakeasy.

I hope you enjoy the book, or enjoy releasing it back into the wild without reading it.

You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading.

Whenever you’re ready to release it once again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch ( In other words the how, when, and where of the Release. ).

Then watch its journey.

You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry.

It’s all confidential ( You’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address. ), free, and spam-free.

Journal Entry 3 by mkpam from Fulton, Missouri USA on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

From the Chapman Coffee OBCZ shelves. Mom should get a kick out of this.

Journal Entry 4 by mkpam from Fulton, Missouri USA on Friday, July 27, 2007

Mom had a GREAT time with this one! "I thought it was so cute! I kept thinking about MY mother, and how she must have enjoyed it way back when."
(My grandmother was born in 1901; the book was published in 1912).

I'll be offering this at the Orange County BookCrossing "Weekenders" group tomorrow. If not taken, plan wild release, probably while I'm on vacation early next month.

Journal Entry 5 by Toxicgrin from Tustin, California USA on Saturday, July 28, 2007

Caught at today's Bookcrossing "Weekenders" group meet and am excited to read after seeing the previous journal entries. This is beautiful ol'book and smells just wonderful. Will read and re-release.