corner corner Choke

Choke
by Chuck Palahniuk | Literature & Fiction
Registered by chambejd of Millbury, Massachusetts USA on 5/27/2007

status (set by Cross-patch): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by chambejd from Millbury, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, May 27, 2007

This book is on the list of 1001 books you should read before you die.

This was a strange story. It was a little too weird for my liking.

Journal Entry 2 by chambejd from Millbury, Massachusetts USA on Monday, December 17, 2007

This went in the mail today to brewski as part of the One Word Titles relay on bookobsessed. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thanks chambejd, this book was already waiting for me when I arrived at my parents' house for Christmas. I am looking forward to reading more Palahniuk.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 13, 2008

This book was pretty sick and twisted...and I liked it :) It reminds me of a coffee mug gave me years ago by my mother of all people. It said, "You're totally sick and twisted...I like that in a person."

That about sums up this novel, it definitely has some revolting and shocking material. Victor Mancini didn't really engender much feelings of empathy from me. But nonetheless I enjoyed reading this.

Journal Entry 5 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reserved as a replacement for shnedwards' stalled Choke BookRay (see here). I'm just waiting on a mailing address for Hawkette, the next participant.

Journal Entry 6 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This book is heading to Hawkette in Australia via surface mail. I will drop this in the mailbox at lunchtime today.

Journal Entry 7 by shnedwards from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, July 27, 2008

Don't actually have the book, just popping in to add the mailing order for the bookray:

Hawkette, Australia
piemunga, Australia
cat207, Australia
taniazed, Australia
Fuzzywuzzy, NZ
rapturina, Netherlands
Cross-patch, UK
NICNIC2, UK

Thank you brewski for coming to the rescue! Hope everyone enjoys the book.

Journal Entry 8 by Hawkette from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, October 19, 2008

Arrived with me. Actually saw the preview for the movie on the weekend...but would always prefer to read the book first.

Journal Entry 9 by Hawkette from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 10, 2009

Engaging in a sick kind of way. Palahniuk's take on the world is black, and yet frighteningly insightful.

I have the next address and will be sending this on this week - sorry for having had it for so long!

Journal Entry 10 by piemunga from Marrickville, New South Wales Australia on Monday, June 22, 2009

thanks! i have one in front of it but i should be able to get there shortly.

Journal Entry 11 by piemunga from Marrickville, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, July 12, 2009

i knew i shouldn't have put my name down for this because i'm such a prude but thought i'd give it a go anyway. too much for me. i'm not going to rate the book because i quite enjoy his style of writing but i just couldn't keep going.

Journal Entry 12 by piemunga at Sydney, New South Wales, Australia -- Controlled Releases on Monday, July 20, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (7/21/2009 UTC) at Sydney, New South Wales, Australia -- Controlled Releases

posting off to cat207 today

Journal Entry 13 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Thursday, July 23, 2009

Arrived in today's mail. Thank you piemunga, and shnedwards, as always, for sharing your books. X

Journal Entry 14 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Sunday, July 26, 2009

He is one sick Chuck, but I do like his writing.

taniazed still hasn't surfaced, and Fuzzywuzzy is snowed under and has asked to be skipped, so I'm waiting for an address for rapturina.

Journal Entry 15 by cat207 from Gladstone, Queensland Australia on Sunday, July 26, 2009

Heading off to rapturina in today's mail.

Journal Entry 16 by rapturina from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

It's here! Thanks for sending it from the other side of the world, cat207. I'm very curious about this book now that I've read the other readers' comments... I have one and a half book in front of this one, but I'm a quick reader, so I don't expect it'll take long.

Journal Entry 17 by rapturina from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, August 17, 2009

What a strange book... I really enjoyed the style of writing and I found some of the things he made Vincent (or the mom!) say very striking. He throws up a few interesting questions about human behaviour. I can't say I cared much for the story though, it just didn't interest me as much, and I kind of lost interest towards the end about what would happen. Still, an enjoyable - albeit admittedly in a twisted way! - read and I will definitely try to read more by this author.

I have contacted Cross-patch for the address, now waiting to receive a reply.

Journal Entry 18 by rapturina from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, August 28, 2009

On its way to cross-patch as of this morning!

Journal Entry 19 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Thank you rapturina, Choke has landed. And thanks to shnedwards and brewski for making the book available.