corner corner Footsteps in an Empty Room

Footsteps in an Empty Room
by Lilly Sommers | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by freelunch of Cairns, Queensland Australia on 5/20/2007

status (set by freelunch): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Sunday, May 20, 2007

'There's bad things in this house, Alice, things you want to keep away from. Bad things, do you hear me?'

At the turn of the last century, Alice is a 12-year-old servant girl at Colonsay, the big house on the Victorian coast belonging to Cosmo Cunningham and his beautiful young wife Ambrosine.

In the present day, Rosamund becomes the reluctant inheritor of Colonsay, her childhood home. But as the extensive renovation work begins, odd things start happening: a thumping in the empty attic that dislodges plaster from the ceiling of the room below. A lingering scent of honeysuckle. Then the building crew suffer not one but two nasty accidents. And suddenly there is talk of prayers and clairvoyants and messages from the dead...

What terrible secret lies within Colonsay? Can Rosamund make peace with the past and free her own future?

Journal Entry 2 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 21, 2007

I read this book earlier this year as part of a bookring and I thoroughly enjoyed it so I grabbed this copy from bookmooch.com for my wife to read...

Journal Entry 3 by freehand from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 21, 2007

received from freelunch

Journal Entry 4 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

freehand has too many books to read so this one has been released to the COT Bookcrossing Zone