corner corner Slandering Jesus: Six Lies People Tell about the Man Who Said He Was God

Slandering Jesus: Six Lies People Tell about the Man Who Said He Was God
by Erwin Lutzer | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by Rutchmather of Rock Island, Illinois USA on 11/11/2007

status (set by Rutchmather): available

Journal Entry 1 by Rutchmather from Rock Island, Illinois USA on Sunday, November 11, 2007

Six Lies people tell about the man who said he was God

Lie #1:  Jesus' Family Tomb Has Been Discovered
"...the odds [are] 2.5 million to one in favor of the Talpiot tomb being the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth." --The Jesus Family Tomb

Lie #2:  Jesus Was Not Crucified
"They [the Jews] claim we killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the apostle of God. But they killed him not, nor did they crucify him." --The Koran

Lie #3:  Judas Did Jesus a Favor
"You, Judas, will exceed all [the other disciples]. For you will sacrifice the man that clothes me." --Jesus, as quoted in The Gospel of Judas

Lie #4:  Jesus Was Only a Man
"What we need is a new fiction ... we need a new narrative of Jesus, a new gospel, if you will, that places Jesus differently in the grand scheme, the epic story." --Robert W. Funk

Lie #5:  Jesus Has a Dark Secret
"Mary was pregnant by a Roman soldier named Panthera and was driven away by her husband as an adulterer." --Celsus

Lie #6:  Jesus Is One Way among Many
"One of the biggest mistakes we make is to believe that there is only one way to live. There are many ways, many paths to what you call God." --Oprah Winfrey

Dr. Lutzer (senior pastor at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago) answers these lies after quoting the source and background information. In a small book of only 156 pages these six alternatives to fundamental Christianity are exposed for what they are: avenues for us humans to side step our relationship and responsibility to God.

It is a very good read and will provide short answers to these questions and affirm what Jesus and His eyewitnesses claim.

Book Ring (finally) Members
Mary-T - Germany
hippolein - Finland

Journal Entry 2 by wingelizardbreathwing from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Thursday, November 29, 2007

Received the book today...thank you! Who should I send it to next?

Journal Entry 3 by wingelizardbreathwing from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Tuesday, December 04, 2007

While I was not "totally blown away" by this book, I did find it to be a great apologetic read. One challenging concept that I knew to be true...but didn't understand my failure to live by it was explained in the last chapters of the book. My dad has always posed the question to me of: What happens to those in places where Jesus is never preached? What if someone is never told about Jesus? Will they still go to Heaven. I've always answered that I believe God will see that they have a right heart toword whatever god they think is real and that he will honor their devotion by "letting them in". That is so wrong...if I believe that then I am saying that Jesus isn't the only way. I am saying that there are other gods who are sufficient for salvation. I'm glad the Lord opened my eyes to this wrong thinking. No wonder I haven't had a burden for the lost like I should...this is why we are to go into all the land and preach the gospel. People are dying without the Lord every day.

I have been trying to reach the originator of this bookring since I received it and still haven't heard anything. If his/her address is on RABCK.com, I will send this back to him/her on Dec. 14. If not, I will probably offer it up as another ring...I really hope I hear from him/her though as I don't feel super comfortable about handing it off to someone else without permission.

Journal Entry 4 by wingelizardbreathwing at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 10, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (1/10/2008 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

I did hear back from Rutchmather. The ring is continuing..woo hoo! :)
Sending to LittleWhiteBird. Check forum post for next person in line.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing from Pasadena, California USA on Saturday, January 19, 2008

Received the book today. I have one book to read before this one. Then this will be next in line!

Journal Entry 6 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing at in the mail in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 25, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (2/26/2008 UTC) at in the mail in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

I've finished reading the book and it will be in the mail to classicfox tomorrow afternoon.

There weren't any big new insights for me, because I've read several apologetic books before, but it was good to read yet another person's take on the issues.

Journal Entry 7 by classicfox on Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Came today and looks very intersting. I have one book to finish, then on to this one!

Journal Entry 8 by classicfox on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Although I skimmed a bit of this book as I was getting nervous about keeping it too long, I enjoyed what I did read. Especially liked the chapter, "Judas did Jesus a favor," as I always had questions about Judas and his character and if/why he was 'chosen' for betraying Jesus. I am satisfied with what this book had to say about that and actually just confirmed to me what I had worked out in my own mind about it. Will be sending back to Rutchmather very soon so he can continue the ring overseas.

Journal Entry 9 by classicfox at controlled release in controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 20, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (3/20/2008 UTC) at controlled release in controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed back today to Rutchmather to continue his ring.

Journal Entry 10 by Mary-T from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, April 20, 2008

The book arrived safe and sound.
Thanks, Ruthmather, I'm curious to read it. But I fear it might take me some time since here are many rings right now....
But since you said I can take my time....
I will also see if someone else here is interested in reading this.
Then I will forward it to Finland.
... to be continued

18-Jul-08
I read it half now.
But I expected something different I guess....
I don't think I will finish it.

I already asked hippolein for the address.
Then I will forward it.

Journal Entry 11 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Book arrived safely in Finland. Thanks Mary-T for sending and Rutchmather for organizing the bookring ;-)

Journal Entry 12 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, August 16, 2008

Had to read some similar books during my theology studies, and cannot tell this would have been the best of them. But the writer knows how to write this type of book and is good in finding arguments and books that tell things that are not what it should be.
Was nice anyway to read something written after the "Letter to a Christian Nation" (read that one too) and with the more recent development on propaganda against Christianity.

Now waiting for the address to send the book back home!

Journal Entry 13 by winghippoleinwing at returned to owner, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 18, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (8/18/2008 UTC) at returned to owner, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

This ringbook goes now on a trip back home, hope it arrives safely.
Thanks for sharing, it did offer extra information that I didn't have yet!

Journal Entry 14 by Rutchmather from Rock Island, Illinois USA on Thursday, August 28, 2008

The book has arrived safely back in the US, but is eager to find more readers.

Thank you hippolein for the postcard and teas - very much appreciated.

I appreciate everyone finding friends to pass the book along to.