corner corner The History of Love

by Nicole Krauss | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 5/19/2007

status (set by Puntanelle): available

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Saturday, May 19, 2007

I have this book for a while but had not got around to registering it. Hope it is good, this novel has had wonderful reviews. It is time to give it a whirl!! :-)

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Sunday, May 20, 2007

This is extremely well written but... I cannot get into it. A little depressing, maybe that is why. I liked the 14 year old Alma, her devotion to a life in the wild (her link to her deceased dad who had been in the Israeli army) was poignant.

I will release this into the wild. I hope whoever finds this book enjoys it - welcome to Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, May 24, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (5/24/2007 UTC) at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom

Left on a bench - I hope whoever finds this book enjoys it. Welcome to Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by Puntanelle from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, May 27, 2007

I found the book on a bench along the road (thank you LeighBCD!), and was nervous to pick it up at first, as I thought someone had forgotten it, and might return to find it. When I looked inside I was delighted to discover Bookcrossing. What a lovely idea. Thank you. I plan to pass it on to my sister-in-law, if she hasn't read it. If she has, I must think of somewhere special to leave it. I'm also now thinking of what other books I could add to the 'collection'.