corner corner The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil Wears Prada
by Lauren Weisberger | Literature & Fiction
Registered by babyimran of Kajang, Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam) Malaysia on 5/16/2007

status (set by babyimran): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by babyimran from Kajang, Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam) Malaysia on Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I got this book when the movie came out (late 2006). I am planning to read this as soon as I finish with The Maiden's Grave.

May 20 - started the book and managed to get five chapters read before my eyelids completely give up on me.

May 24 - I have just completed the book. I thought I know the brands for shoes from Taty but there are more which I have not even come across with: Marc Jacobs, Katayone Adeli, Franco Sarto. But at least the guy from fashion reality show, Michael Kors was mentioned.

Here are some of my favourite quotes:

For most people, the ringing of the phone was a welcome sign. Someone was trying to reach them, to say hello, ask about their well-being, or make plans. ... Some people considered the many available phone features to be a novelty, even fun. Although I'd never had so much as call waiting before Miranda, a few days into my tenure at Runway I was signed up for call waiting (so she'd never get a busy signal), caller ID (so I could avoid her calls), call waiting with caller ID (so I could avoid her calls while talking on the other line) and voice mail (so she wouldn't know I was avoiding her calls because she'd still hear an answering machine message).

And this is a gem : ... quilted, chain-handle purse I'd given to my mom as a gift ('Oh honey, this is beautiful. What's this brand again?) ...

Journal Entry 2 by babyimran from Kajang, Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam) Malaysia on Thursday, May 24, 2007

This book is going to an officemate who needs a read for her weekend trip to Sabah.