corner corner Stardust

Stardust
by N Gaiman | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Earthdance of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 5/10/2007

status (set by luchtkasteel): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Earthdance from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, May 10, 2007

picked up at library sale

List of bookray participants:

6. GateGypsy
7. Shimmy-crazy
8. AnnevO

Thanks! This book will continue its journey thanks to AnnevO

Journal Entry 2 by Earthdance at Bookray in n/a, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 17, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (5/17/2007 UTC) at Bookray in n/a, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

On it's way!

Journal Entry 3 by thescreaming from Cumberland, Maryland USA on Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This arrived in the mail today. That was amazingly fast for surface mail! I have to finish my current and then hopefully I can read this over the weekend.

Journal Entry 4 by thescreaming from Cumberland, Maryland USA on Sunday, June 03, 2007

I finished reading this book last week and really enjoyed. Fantasy books are not my thing, but Gaiman has a way of making them enjoyable.

I'll be sending this off the efs300 this week.

Journal Entry 5 by thescreaming at Park Street Post Office in Cumberland, Maryland USA on Monday, June 04, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (6/4/2007 UTC) at Park Street Post Office in Cumberland, Maryland USA

Mailing to efs300

Journal Entry 6 by efs300 from Bedford, New Hampshire USA on Monday, June 11, 2007

Stardust arrived in New Hampshire today. I have 2 bookring books ahead of this one in my TBR pile so it may be a little while till I can get to it.

Journal Entry 7 by efs300 from Bedford, New Hampshire USA on Friday, July 06, 2007

I finished this book last night. A very enjoyable, quick and easy read. This is my second Neil Gaiman book, I read Anansi Boys last year and I do enjoy his writing style. The book almost seemed like a 'young adult' but its not classified as such. Its great every once in a while to read a book like this thats so light, easy but elegant. Thanks to WesternHeart for sharing the book and I am awaiting an address from TinkEsq to move this book along.

Update: This book has been made into a movie that is being released in August 2007, official web site here, imdb summary here

Journal Entry 8 by efs300 from Bedford, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, July 07, 2007

Stardust was mailed to TinkEsq yesterday

Journal Entry 9 by TinkEsq from Akron, Ohio USA on Saturday, July 14, 2007

Received yesterday and started reading today.
*****
I LOVED this book! It read like a grown-up fairy tale and had such amazing imagery. I think I might buy a copy for my personal collection because I will definitely want to read it again.

Mailed to OCcinderella 8.8.07

Journal Entry 10 by ElleHeartsRocco from Newport Beach, California USA on Thursday, August 16, 2007

Got It :)

Love this book cute but not too cute.

Journal Entry 11 by ElleHeartsRocco from Newport Beach, California USA on Monday, August 20, 2007

Sent to EvaLowrain

Journal Entry 12 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, August 25, 2007

It arrived today in the mail and I spent the afternoon reading it. What a wonderful way to enjoy a stormy Saturday afternoon. Thank you for sharing.

I'll contact the next person and send it as soon as I hear back.

Journal Entry 13 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I sent this on via post last week.

Journal Entry 14 by GateGypsy from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Friday, September 28, 2007

Arrived in the post today. I really am looking forward to this book: maybe having it at the bottom of my crazy bookring stack will encourage me to plow through them faster! Still, as earthdance knows, it'll take me a while to get to it. Thanks for your patience! And thank you for sharing.

Journal Entry 15 by GateGypsy from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I finally got to read this book! It was lovely, and quite a light, restful read, even though it's 333 pages long. The story is quite different from the movie, but thoroughly enjoyable in its own rights. I agree with TinkEsq that it would be worth owning a copy, though I am sad to report that it never appears in the used bookstore in my town, anyway, and if they culled it from the Whitehorse library like they did in Winnipeg (and bless them for that, lest this ring would never have happened!), then I've missed it. WesternHeart, you've been wonderfully patient with me, and I thank you! I have already PMed SophiaZed, and I await her address so I can ship this book along and it can continue it's journey.
**********
SophiaZed has asked to be skipped, so I've PMed Shimmy-crazy.
*************

It's in the mail officially! August 12/08

Journal Entry 16 by Shimmy-crazy from Finchley, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Arrived today, I have a couple of others in fount of it but will get to it ASAP

Journal Entry 17 by Shimmy-crazy from Finchley, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I loved the fairy tale nature of this book, I just got the film I hope it lives up to it.

Haugtussa has asked to be skipped so am sending it on to AnnevO

Journal Entry 18 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, September 19, 2008

This book arrived safely today! Thanks for sharing and sending!

As soon as I'm finished reading, this book will travel on in the Netherlands to:
09. violoncellix
10. n1c0las
11. Laui
12. LenaLena
13. Ingootje
14. Prowisorio
15. Justmesam
16. Dutch-book

Journal Entry 19 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, September 25, 2008

I absolutely loved this book. As I already watched the movie, I know bits of the story, but even the most vivid cinematics can't live up to Gaiman's skill with words.

This book will continue its journey in the Netherlands.

Journal Entry 20 by AnnevO at Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on Saturday, September 27, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/27/2008 UTC) at Groningen, Groningen Netherlands

This bookray will travel the Netherlands for a bit, starting today!

Journal Entry 21 by wingvioloncellixwing from Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The book arrived safely from the West of the Netherlands to the North-east. Thank you, AnnevO!

Journal Entry 22 by wingvioloncellixwing from Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on Sunday, February 08, 2009

It took me a while to get into this book, as I hadn't read any fantasy books or fairy-tales for decades. When I did get immersed into the story, I thoroughly enjoyed the blend of fairy-tale for adults, style, wisdom and humor.

A quote:
He stared up at the stars: it seemed to him then that they were dancers, stately and graceful, performing a dance almost infinite in its complexity. He imagined he could see the very faces of the stars; pale, they were, and smiling gently, as if they had spent so much time above the world, watching the scrambling and the joy and the pain of the people below them, that they could not help being amused every time another little human knew itself the centre of its world, as each of us does.

Journal Entry 23 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, May 21, 2009

This book is with n1c0las, who will make sure it travels on soon-ish.

Journal Entry 24 by wingJoanazinhawing from Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, August 30, 2009

The book is at my place to be mailed to laui. I will PM her for an address and will make sure this one travels again. My brother n1c0las apologizes for the delay.

Journal Entry 25 by wingJoanazinhawing at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 31, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/31/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Laui.

Journal Entry 26 by Laui from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I totally forgot I was participating in this bookray, so it was a nice surprise that in fact I was...

I absolutely love the movie, it's so magical, such a fairy tale. The fantasy that I've read so far, were not my cup of tea, but I'm really curious if this book is different. I really do hope it will live up to the expectations.

I'll keep you posted on my progress, I have one book TBR before this one.

Journal Entry 27 by Laui from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finished reading it. I've found out Fantasy is really not for me. I appreciated parts of the book, but I have difficulty reading about all the non-existent creatures, it's a bit of a chore. Apart from that I already knew about the main story line from the movie, and that doesn't help you being curious about the details. It wasn't super bad, just really not for me. To me, the movie is more speaking than the book.

Thanks for letting me join, I'd wanted to read this one for quite a while and now I have. I've pm-ed LenaLena for her address to mail her the book, I'll make release notes when I actually did ;-)

Journal Entry 28 by Laui at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 03, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/3/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Mailing out to the next reader today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 29 by LenaLena from Hoevelaken, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, October 09, 2009

Received it in the mail some days ago, thank you for sending!
I'll start immediately, because I can't read English very fast :)

I'm sorry I still have the book, in January (after the chaos of December) I'll send it on to the next one.
I think I'll change the order of participants, because Ingootje lives now in Germany. I'll let you know what I'll do with the book.

Journal Entry 30 by LenaLena at Hoevelaken, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, January 23, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (1/23/2010 UTC) at Hoevelaken, Gelderland Netherlands

The book is on it's way to Prowisorio!

Journal Entry 31 by Prowisorio from Westerbork, Drenthe Netherlands on Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stardust arrived last wednesday safely in Midden Drenthe.

Journal Entry 32 by Prowisorio from Westerbork, Drenthe Netherlands on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Another fine read of Gaiman. Really enjoyed this fairy tale for more or less grown ups.

I'll ask Justmesam for the next stop over for Stardust.

Journal Entry 33 by Prowisorio from Westerbork, Drenthe Netherlands on Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm starting to worry... last week (march 12th) I send Stardust on its way tot Justmesam and heard nothing since. I'll try to find out what happened.

Journal Entry 34 by justmesam from Hoorn, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stardust arrived save in Hoorn, sorry for the late journal...

Journal Entry 35 by justmesam from Hoorn, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, May 21, 2010

On it´s way to travel to the next Bookcrosser Dutch-book

Journal Entry 36 by dutch-book at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

There it is. On my MTBR.

Journal Entry 37 by dutch-book at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 08, 2010

Finished it a little later then expected, but finished it in one sitting.
It really reads like a modern fairytale, I'd like to change it a bit and tell it as a bedtimestory to my babydaughter.
I quite liked it and am happy to have read it.
It will soon be off to the next participant.

Edited to say I see it's a bookray and I'm the last participant. The book will either be RABCK'ed or released at a meeting.

Journal Entry 38 by dutch-book at OBCZ-Studio-K (gesloten) in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, February 24, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (1/16/2011 UTC) at OBCZ-Studio-K (gesloten) in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

At the OBCZ Studio-K.

Journal Entry 39 by luchtkasteel at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Haven't read it yet - but I definitely want to! I've read 'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman, on the recommendation of a good friend / fellow student, and really enjoyed that!

Journal Entry 40 by luchtkasteel at Lipsiusgebouw, Cleveringaplaats 1 in Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (3/5/2014 UTC) at Lipsiusgebouw, Cleveringaplaats 1 in Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Voor de vinder. Hoop dat je 't leuk vindt.
For the finder. Hope you like it.