corner corner The Eight (PC)

The Eight (PC)
by Katherine Neville | Literature & Fiction
Registered by fflloorr of Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 4/22/2007

status (set by fflloorr): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Sunday, April 22, 2007

From Amazon.co.uk:
«For centuries a secret has been carefully hidden from those who would abuse its power. One daring and enigmatic woman gives her life to defy the rules and protect history from changing course forever. With France aflame in revolution, and the power of her king checked, the nuns of Montglane Abbey are forced to unearth a secret buried for a thousand years within their fortress walls. As the women scatter across the world they take with them the pieces of a mystical chess set given to Charlemagne by eight mysterious Moors. Embedded in each piece of chess service is a code. Whomever reassembles the pieces can play a game of unlimited power - a game that will bring about the end of all kings. Centuries later, another young woman is chosen to join those protecting the missing pieces - will she deduce the answer to the greatest riddle of all time?»

I learned a lot about chess with this book. I loved the story.

Journal Entry 2 by mady from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I've finished reading this one late last night (or should I say early today...?). I was completed addicted to it for a few days, even if it reminded be a bit of "The Flanders Panel". However, in the end I was wondering how many more family ties were hidden among the characters. And what about Catherine's family?
Anyway a great book I'd really recommend :) Thanks for the loan Flor! To be returned asap.

Journal Entry 3 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, July 05, 2007

Back home :)