corner corner The Gospel According to Judas: By Benjamin Iscariot

The Gospel According to Judas: By Benjamin Iscariot
by Jeffrey Archer, Frank Moloney | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by id-rather-be-at of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 4/11/2007

status (set by jennymidget): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by id-rather-be-at from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I made a trip to Berkeleouw Bookshop today after I went to Elizabeth’s, and had to pick this up. I have a sneaking suspicion this one will be a bookring, or if I cannot be bothered some kind of ray it forward.

Journal Entry 2 by id-rather-be-at from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, May 09, 2007

This hasn't actualy been a bad read so far. While I was hoping for something a little more subversive, I've been pretty entertained.

I think I will bookring this one.

Journal Entry 3 by id-rather-be-at from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm finishing up reading this tonight so I get get the bookray started. It's sitting well with my reflective mood and glass of red wine.

I have liked this book so far. It's a bit subversive, sort of a story about the 'underdog' and why people do what thet do. I don't really believe in the Bible, but am interested in religion in general.

Journal Entry 4 by id-rather-be-at from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 21, 2007

I've finished reading now. This will be controversial for some, but I liked it. Without spoiling, the ending was really good ;)

Journal Entry 5 by id-rather-be-at at A Controlled Release in A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 25, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (5/25/2007 UTC) at A Controlled Release in A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Is a bookring and goimg out today

Journal Entry 6 by BellaMack from St Helens, Tasmania Australia on Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Received today, will journal again when read, thanks

Journal Entry 7 by id-rather-be-at from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, June 10, 2007

I am tidying up my bookshelf and putting each bookring or ray list on it's book page. The list for this ray is

1. BellaMack
2. freelunch
3. livrecache

Journal Entry 8 by BellaMack from St Helens, Tasmania Australia on Monday, June 25, 2007

Thanks id-rather-be , I enjoyed the book. Will be posting it on to freelunch with another bookring I have for him in the next couple of weeks.

Journal Entry 9 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, July 16, 2007

received today, thanks BellaMack & id-rather-be-at

Journal Entry 10 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Thursday, August 09, 2007

This story as told from Judas' perspective was fairly predictable and I'm not exactly sure what the point of this book is, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to read it.

I'll be sending it on to livrecache later today...

Journal Entry 11 by livrecache from Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Received safely, thanks freelunch.

Thanks for sharing, Id-rather-be-at. (Are you at 'at' now? You don't seem to be around much any more. (:))

Reserved for the Australian VBB, organised by freelunch, 24 October.

Journal Entry 12 by livrecache from Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Saturday, October 27, 2007

Picked from the Oz VBB. Off to Coffs Harbour!

Content notwithstanding -- and that was interesting enough -- it is just such a beautifully produced book that it gains points on my scale for that.

Journal Entry 13 by livrecache at OZ VBB in Melbourne, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 27, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (10/27/2007 UTC) at OZ VBB in Melbourne, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases

Released from the Oz VBB.

Journal Entry 14 by dolphin-au from Lake Macquarie, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, November 04, 2007

Arrived safely in Coffs Harbour, thanks Livrecache for donating this to the VBB (also thanks for the accompanying book, that was a nice surprise!). It is a nicely presented book, and I'm sure it will be a good laugh. I might also be tempted to annoy the more religiously inclined family members ;-)

Journal Entry 15 by dolphin-au from Lake Macquarie, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, May 07, 2009

After living on Mt TBR for a while this book finally got read. I'm sorry to say it was a bit of a fizzer. Instead fo being able to annoy my family members, I was the one annoyed. I expected the book to provide a bit of light entertainment, but instead I was bored with the author's interpretation of the life of Jesus. I'm not that inteested in that,so, even though the book is quite short, I didn't even manage to read it to the end.

Journal Entry 16 by dolphin-au at Aussie Post, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, August 02, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (8/2/2009 UTC) at Aussie Post, OZ VBB -- Controlled Releases

Sent to jennymidget as part of the OZ VBB. Hope you wil enjoy this!

Journal Entry 17 by jennymidget from Bellbowrie, Queensland Australia on Monday, August 10, 2009

Thanks dolphin-au - I love mixed reviews! We'll see how we go...

Journal Entry 18 by jennymidget from Bellbowrie, Queensland Australia on Monday, October 05, 2009

I'm with you on this one, dolphin-au - I was expecting tawdry Dan-Brown style super-shocker, hoping for a bit more refined than that, but this was really just plain and boring. I did read to the end, but I didn't think it was really very worth it. No big conspiracy, nothing we usually love Jeffrey Archer for, just kind of bland and uninteresting. Fizzer indeed...

Sending via BookMooch to a reader in the USA...