corner corner Ghost Girl: The True Story of a Child in Desperate Peril - And a Teacher Who Saved Her

by Torey L. Hayden | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 4/9/2007

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 09, 2007

From Publishers Weekly
Ultimately a testament to the powers of caring and commitment, this is the story of an traumatized eight-year-old who refused to speak due to sexual abuse and possible exposure to satanic rituals.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 09, 2007

using for a swap at the Charleston Convention

Journal Entry 3 by TITurtle1 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, April 23, 2007

Won this at a swap in Charleston... Sticky Fingers!!!

Will be reading... :-D

Journal Entry 4 by TITurtle1 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 16, 2007

I finished this book up while I was up at camp. I honostly got deeply into this book. My only problem I had with it was the end... I wish it was a bit more conclusive, but it was a great story nonetheless.

Journal Entry 5 by TITurtle1 at Washington, District of Columbia USA on Sunday, April 17, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/17/2011 UTC) at Washington, District of Columbia USA

Swapped in BCinDC... =]

Journal Entry 6 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, May 01, 2011

After four years, we finally got to meet together again and do another BookObsessers (aka the anti-social clique, LOL) swap.
Ace, we miss you at the BC con! Hope you can be there the next time!

Journal Entry 7 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, November 01, 2013

I read this during the Read-a-thon on BookObsessed.com, in memory of AceofHearts, who had sadly passed away. Fortunately I did get to see her a few months ago when I was in Toronto for a visit, not knowing that it would be for the last time.

It's a moving tale that really draws a reader in, and I agree with Turtle about the ending. I believe I have another of Torey Hayden's book somewhere and look forward to read it too.

Will now reserve it for the Medicine Chest Bookbox, as it's a psychological case study.

Journal Entry 8 by wingazukiwing at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (11/19/2013 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Putting into the Medicine Chest bookbox for the next reader to enjoy.

Journal Entry 9 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Taken from quietorchid's Medicine Chest IV - thank you!

Looks like I've already got another copy on my shelf, but I'll probably hang on to this for a while and see if I end up reading it.

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream and Desserts in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, February 28, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (2/28/2014 UTC) at Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream and Desserts in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Thanks for finding this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)

(Larger photo here.)