corner corner The Other Face of Janus

The Other Face of Janus
by Louise Katz | Literature & Fiction
Registered by UbSiA of Norderstedt, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on 4/3/2007

status (set by UbSiA): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by UbSiA from Norderstedt, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"Edwina Nearly has problems which range from the banal to the absurd. Her neighbor are fanatical control freaks who leave threatening letters on her doorstep. Her mother, who writes software programs by day and works as a belly dancer by night, is dating a series of unsuitable men and making herself miserable. Her brother is becoming robotic. And now her diary has developed a will of its own and is writing back to her, offering unwanted advice.
To give herself a break, she decides to visit the Art Gallery one afternoon. There, she falls, Alice-like, into a painting, The Garden of Earthly Delights, a place in which the laws of physics do not apply.
Edwina finds that she is able to come and go between the Garden and her home in inner-city Sydney at will. All deeply weird, but also seductive, especially when she meets the beautiful and complex Janus - who looks a lot like Paul, a boy Edwina would very much like to know better. Against the advice of her prophetic diary, Edwina rushes headlong into love.
But who is this enigmatic Janus? How can it be that he bears such an uncanny resemblance to Paul? And what does Janus want?"

-- bought during my stay in Melbourne, Australia --

In the beginning I thought this book to be quite confusing and did not really like it. But after the first 50 pages I realized what it was all about and actually read the rest of it. It definitely won't become my favorite book, but it made me thinking about some parts of my life.

Lets see where it's gonna go...

Read as part of the 1 Year = 1 Country Challenge for Australia.

Journal Entry 2 by UbSiA at Namaste On King Indian Restaurant OBCZ in Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, May 10, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (5/9/2007 UTC) at Namaste On King Indian Restaurant OBCZ in Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Left the book on the shelf in the cupboard right at the entrance.