corner corner The Poe Shadow

The Poe Shadow
by Matthew Pearl | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by LESEHEST of Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on 4/2/2007

status (set by Radsrohi): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LESEHEST from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Monday, April 02, 2007

About the mysterious death of Edgar Allan Poe

Journal Entry 2 by wingHaugtussawing from Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Monday, January 12, 2009

Thank you very much LESEHEST, I look forward to this one. Although it probably has to wait for a bit...

Edited 28th of July:
I released this copy in Egypt before I managed to finish it, thus I have now (finally) finished another copy.
I have to admit that I have struggled with the book, even if I do not really understand why, as the book is really up my alley! I just couldn't get into the story, and found it to drag out endlessly. (I have to add that my better half read the book before me, and he enjoyed it!)

Hopefully the next reader will enjoy the book more.

I have adde a quote that I quite liked, it is the Baron talking to Quentin.
P 153: Truth is my only concern. But - truth must be hauled and carted from people's heads....But truth does not exist, my misguided friend, until you find it.

And this short conversation made me laugh out load!
P 162: "And tell me your story, dear sir," said the man.
"I would gladly, monsieur," replied Duponte apologetically, "but then there is the likely danger that I would have to hear yours."

Journal Entry 3 by wingHaugtussawing at Kom Ombo Temple in Aswan, Aswan Governorate Egypt on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (5/30/2009 UTC) at Kom Ombo Temple in Aswan, Aswan Governorate Egypt

This great book is left in the Kom Ombo Temple by the river Nile.

Happy reading to whoever finds it.

Journal Entry 4 by Radsrohi from Nagpur, Maharashtra India on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hi! Me n my sister are new to this forum... till we got hold of this book, we dint know such a thing existed! anyway, so we were holidaying in Egypt wid our family.. on 30th May 2009(the very day twas left, i notice), at about 9.30am Egypt time, we see this book sitting right among the ruins of Kom Ombo temple, en route from Aswan to Luxor... i believe we missed the last holder of the book by minutes... really exciting..! well im in the process of reading it so yet to release it... Im an Indian... but i doubt il release it anywhere in India. Will keep u guys posted about the book as soon as I release it - its date, place and time of release.. bye! - Radhika Jaiswal, Nagpur, India.

CAUGHT IN KOM OMBO TEMPLE ASWAN EGYPT