corner corner Buda's Wagon: A Brief History of the Car Bomb

Buda's Wagon: A Brief History of the Car Bomb
by Mike Davis | Nonfiction
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 3/30/2007

status (set by inkognitoh): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, March 30, 2007

I purchased this book in the ICA Bookstore using my shiny new members discount when I went along to hear Mike Davis give a talk about his part in the rise of the New Left in America, his time in the Civil Rights movement and to promote this, his new book.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

'Buda's wagon truly has become the hot rod of the apocalypse'.

I now suspect Mike Davis wrote the whole book simply to be able to end it on that snappy quote. It rather does some up the progression of the humble car bomb through history.

It wasn't an easy read; either in subject matter or style. It was all plastic explosive facts and body counts in part. The lists of death tolls throughout the current conflicts were particularly alarming but overall an interesting read into the development and progression of this modern weapon with ancient roots.

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Passed on to another reader who expressed an interest in Bookcrossing.